No direnext?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by cwstjdenobs, Jul 13, 2011.

Jul 13, 2011

No direnext? by cwstjdenobs at 1:19 PM (2,230 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. cwstjdenobs
    OP

Member cwstjdenobs Sodomy non sapiens

United Kingdom
    Ok, so I'm trying to compile some stuff I know used to work, but I don't seem to have dirnext, diropen, et al.

Now have I forgot to install something, or do I just have to stop being lazy and fix my code?

2. jskyboo

Member jskyboo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    After switching to the new devkitPPC 23 and libogc 1.8.7 I got the same errors. I believe we include for those functions. Im not sure why they no longer can be found but as I need them for now Im staying on the previous devkitPPC.

3. cwstjdenobs
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks. I've rolled stuff back and got it working now. Will defo have to fix it for newer devkitPPC/libogc versions though.

4. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    You need to replace diropen by "opendir", dirclose by "closedir" and dirnext with "readdir".

The new open/close functions use "DIR" structure, not "DIR_ITER", and readdir usage is substantially different from dirnext so you want to learn how to use it first.

5. cwstjdenobs
    OP

United Kingdom
    ^^ Thanks again. Lol, I know how to use all that, and really get the motivation for going with it. Just going to be a bit of an arse.

6. jskyboo

Member jskyboo GBAtemp Regular

United States

7. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

opendir/readdir/closedir are standard(-ish) C functions, while diropen/dirnext/dirclose are internal functions specific to devkitpro. Someone decided it was time everyone started using the "regular" functions so the other ones aren't exposed for outside use anymore.

8. Wiimm

Member Wiimm Developer

Germany
    Sorry for late reply, but I saw this a few minutes ago:
    These functions are *not* standard C, C doesn't know how anything about directories. They follow the POSIX standard.