No demo machines in USA for awhile..?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by LapisLazuli, Feb 27, 2011.

Feb 27, 2011
  1. LapisLazuli
    OP

Member LapisLazuli Thrills, chills, kills!

United States
    When I went to preorder my Pokemon Black today (so I can get it at midnight [​IMG]) I asked the guy at GameStop when he thinks they'll have 3DS demo units and he replied "Oh, it'll be awhile. I asked our Nintendo rep. about it the other day and he said he had no clue, probably after they're released retail. Even if we did get one, we may not have it on display as we really don't have much room in here" this really sucks since it seems they've got them everywhere in Europe and of course Japan [​IMG]

2. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    Damn, I would really like to compare the colors in person. [​IMG]

3. LapisLazuli
    OP

United States
    Yeah, and I just wanna play it so god damn bad [​IMG]

4. 1234turtles

Member 1234turtles GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    what do they mean they dont got room replace ds koisk with 3ds simple as that

5. LapisLazuli
    OP

United States
    Well it was just my store and they don't even have a DS kiosk, just Wii, PS3, and 360. Had to take out DS kiosk because there wasn't enough room lol

6. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
  7. LapisLazuli
    OP

United States
    You notice that page has been up since Jan 19th (the new york event) and there hasn't been anything on it since? I even put my email in. Nothing.

8. WiKiLEAK

Newcomer WiKiLEAK Advanced Member

United States
    well, Japanese are lucky one, they got a lot of stuuf, but me do not know wthat the heck they are, i know one pi say 3DS Demo Station, but still, lot of strange stuff over there.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

9. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I made a topic about it before... It really isn't fair how all the European/Japanese GBAtemp users are like, "Oh yeah, I played like 600 different 3DSs, they're on every street corner over here." (Obvious hyperbole).

I guarantee that we don't get kiosks until after launch. After the Wii's launch, at a near by mall, there was this huge display with like 20 playable Wiis. Maybe they will do the same (?).

I really hate Nintendo for this. Well, it looks like we all are going to have to wait another month...

P.S. I doubt the guy in Gamestop actually talked to a Nintendo sales representative. Also, if we do get kiosks, they probably won't be in Gamestops because they are so crappy.

10. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    I can understand why Nintendo is leery to give demo systems to the US. Americans usually treat their demo units like shit. Go into your nearest Gamestop in the US, more than likely the controller is broken on the PS3/360 station, or the system is borked altogether, and the DS is usually dead and/or the shoulder buttons are borked.

Go to a comparable station in Japan, and you'll see that most of their demo units still work like the day they got them. I'm not sure about other countries, but I was surprised of this fact when I visited Japan a few years ago.

11. gloweyjoey

Member gloweyjoey who??

United States
    I remember this at a mall around where I live too. A friend and I would always stop and play some wii sports.

I'm really hoping they will do this with the 3DS.

12. shadowsfm

Newcomer shadowsfm Advanced Member

United States
    or maybe it's just that japan isn't so cheap/lazy and actually replaces them when they break

13. idulkoan

Banned idulkoan Banned

United States
    I totally agree with you. The dsi was NEVER on demo, even from 1 hour from my house. I never saw it on demo here. Only scratched up worthless ds lites which are missing some plastic on them. Whe they break, the people at walmart, target, etc do not fixem. I went to england, ( i waz born there and viseted) last year and they had lots of dsi's on demo. The battery was dead, but that can be fixed. The screen was great, and there were hardly any scratches... -_- thats1 thing i hate about america. no one cares about these things. They are just selfish, and deciede to break things for FUN

14. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    Well...you're half-right. It's more often than not misbehaved kids who end up smashing the fuck out of display models, but it's not just the kid's fault for the model being broken. It's the parent's fault, even moreso than the kid's. I have a feeling British kids want to smash display 3DS's, but their parents have them more well disciplined.

15. WiKiLEAK

Newcomer WiKiLEAK Advanced Member

United States
  16. Kawo

Member Kawo GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    The 3DS will have a superior support on the web, I think it will have something like the PSP store for demo, games themes? etc.etc.

17. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    That sucks, and I'll have my 3DS tomorrow due to a delay, what's Nintendo and Gamestop waiting for, I wanted to try this out since late January, promote this awesome product NOW!!!

18. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Why are so many people from the US importing the 3DS? As bad as I want one, it's region locked and almost all of the good features aren't even out until the later update.

Also, in this thread this guy said there are 3DSs in Time Square's Gamestop.

Edit: From Playasia, the 3DS is nearly $500 USD, and games are $60 USD each. Unless you can read fluent Japanese, I do not understand why anyone would import it. It is less than a month away.

19. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I might stop by my local Gamestop (where I have my preorder) to see if they have any units to demo. If they don't, maybe they'll know when they'll have one in.

20. Xuphor

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    I called 8 Gamestop's near me, and none of them had any clue when they'd get any (some even said IF they get any)