Hacking No Clue

0Faceless0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Wiikey and a launch Wii.
I have the latest version of the Homebrew channel on my Wii and am running system menu 3.3.
I have downloaded the USB loader, and added it to my SD card as per the instructions in GAF's guide.

A few questions:
Is cIOS 249 required?
Can I safely update to 4.0?
I have installed dvdlib and MPlayer CE, but I can't play DVDs or Music CDs. What can I do to fix this?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
a) just install, it doesn't hurt your wii in any way
b) use waninkoko's updater, then you will keep all the functionality you had before (be sure to have enough blocks, forgot how much)
c) you mean dvdx i hope, use patchmii installation (do while on 3.3)

0Faceless0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ddp127 said:
a) just install, it doesn't hurt your wii in any way
b) use waninkoko's updater, then you will keep all the functionality you had before (be sure to have enough blocks, forgot how much)
c) you mean dvdx i hope, use patchmii installation (do while on 3.3)

Yes, that's what I meant.
Got DVDs working, but not by using patchmii. Had to use the oldest DVDX app in the Homebrew Browser.
Thanks for your reply, I'm about to put it on now.

0Faceless0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi again, sorry for the double post, but I figured this would be preferable to starting a new topic.
I have installed the cIOS 249, and the USB Loader is working as it's supposed to.

My only problem now is that since updating to 4.0 (using Waninkoko's updater) MPlayer is back to not playing DVDs. I checked WiiBrew and saw that this is because you need to use the version of DVDX included with PatchMii with version 4.0 and higher.

So I booted PatchMii up again with the Banner Breaker hack, and chose to uninstall DVDX and then once that was finished I installed it. DVDs still don't work.

This is really frustrating me. If anyone has any suggestions, or known fixes I would really appreciate it.

I have also tried to install BootMii to Boot 2, but it doesn't seem to be working despite telling me that the installation was successful. As I said earlier, my Wii is a launch Wii, so this should work without problem shouldn't it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it