Hacking no cheats..

rpspartin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both a R4 and a R4 deluxe ( yes i know it is a clone) the normal r4 has ysmenu installed on it. i have updated both of their cheat.dat files using the database, yet games that had codes before don't i have looked around and have tried using the r4 patcher that was recomended but it still won't work. I have also tried renaming them to USRCHEAT.DAT but that doesn't work either.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What is the specific problem? Are games that start with letters near the end of the alphabet missing?
Then try this patch: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=76

If it's games that are missing individual codes, then it's because they were purposely removed from the updated cheats lists. This usually only pertains to codes that work on WiFi.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You do have the usrcheat.dat in the ttmenu folder for ysmenu? if so then I don't know what to tell you besides maybe try a format of your memory card.....

rpspartin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
What is the specific problem? Are games that start with letters near the end of the alphabet missing?
Then try this patch: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=76

If it's games that are missing individual codes, then it's because they were purposely removed from the updated cheats lists. This usually only pertains to codes that work on WiFi.

No it is all games in general example i was able to use my cheats on elite beat agents, ff4 , sonic rush but now that i updated my database it doesn't even register the games that had cheats on them before.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So both original R4 and R4 Deluxe have this problem right?

So you must have done something wrong while updating your cheat files.

First thing you should do is delete any cheat file (cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat and anything that's got cheat written on it) from your cheat folders (TTMenu map for R4 with YSMenu and _system_ map for R4 Deluxe).

Ok now for the original R4 with YSMenu download this and unpack the USRCHEAT.DAT file to your TTMenu folder.

For the R4 Deluxe download this and unpack the CHEAT.DAT file to your _system_ folder.

It should work now.

If not, you probably have messed something up in the firmware (maybe deleted some files other than cheat files) and you'll have to reinstall the firmware on both cards (use the latest releases) and put the cheat files back on as I mentioned above.

rpspartin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
delpickko said:
If not, you probably have messed something up in the firmware (maybe deleted some files other than cheat files) and you'll have to reinstall the firmware on both cards (use the latest releases) and put the cheat files back on as I mentioned above.

okay i ended up reinstallig and got it to work perfectly
yaynds.gif
thanks.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rpspartin said:
delpickko said:

okay i ended up reinstallig and got it to work perfectly
yaynds.gif
thanks.

Good to hear everything is up and running again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM