No bugs in Virtues Last Reward for me

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by WiiUBricker, Mar 13, 2013.

Mar 13, 2013
  1. WiiUBricker
    OP

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    I have completed the game and didn't have any freezes nor save file corruptions. Even the PEC room, which was said to be very buggy was smooth. I even tried to get the game to freeze in there, but failed. Rising Star Games said they have analysed the code and didn't find anything.
    So what's the real story behind these bugs? Perhaps the bugs aren't in the game's code, but rather occur when you meet specific requirements on your 3DS. Like having a specific software installed, specific settings set, reach X entries in the activity log and so on. This reminds me on the Ridge Racer freezes when a new system menu was released. The reason why I didn't experience any bugs may be because I didn't meet those requirements. Maybe all people who have experience these bugs all have something in common. What do you think?

2. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Its possible, but maybe people make things up and mislabel things as "bugs".

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  3. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    My copy of the game crashed on me. So yeah, I think there may have been some slight faults...

4. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    Ya, mine crashed as well once. I think it was in the PEC room, when trying to access the door puzzle with the colored dots for the first time.

5. WiiUBricker
    OP

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    You aren't telling anything new. At this point it's common knowledge that the game froze on many people. The question here isn't whether or not the game froze for people, the question is what is the cause for this? Faulty code? Then why did I fail to get the game to freeze? Luck? I don't think so.

6. porkiewpyne

Member porkiewpyne Report-er

Australia
    LOL and RSG said that they have done some checks and what not so the EUR version shouldn't have the bug. And they were pretty confident about it too. Tsk tsk shame on you RSG :\

7. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    I reckon it was luck.

8. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    So do I. If it helps though, when I made it crash the first time I inspected pretty much everything that could be inspected before checking the door. The second time, I went straight to it. First time made it crash, second time not. Anyway not encountering bugs through luck is entirely possible.

9. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    Same here, I think it probably happens if you look at something else first or something.