Hacking No bootstrap for 1.4.3 yet...

anton123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a surprisingly fast turn around with 1.4.2, it seems that the team is back to slacking off. Makes me think they are running out of roms to use or maybe... they've already run out.

What's your take?

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Team cyclops is not DEAD what are you talking about?!

EDGE sell all the OLD flashcard they made = EDGE

They will made only iEDGE now!!!

But the team still lazy about Fix and firmware !!!

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
The team is not dead.
There are only a certain amount of roms that can be used as a bootstrap.
The last few updates from Nintendo are only released to stop flashcards and to fix this cost time and money. Team Edge has provided constant updates for the EDGE and iEdge.
As well as the bootstrap the the firmware also needs to be updated with those updates and rom compatibility.

The Edge cards firmware is updated alongside the cyclops.

The updates are funded by the sale of the cards and the iEdge is not as popular now with so many budget cards available which work with the 3DS.

Team Edge are not working on any fix for 3DS just yet as updates will undo all the good work rather quickly. But watch this space.

When the team are no longer making money from the iEdge they will release the source code so people can fix and update the firmware themselves don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Thx. That's the first statement concerning this sad topic that sounds trustworthy and actually makes sense.

We'll discuss this in other circles now.

Keep in mind that a firmware update is not really important anymore since we have a tool to patch ROMs. Maybe another DSi firmware update will come out in Sept with 4 Swords DSi. That's indeed more important.

anton123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cartmanuk said:
The team is not dead.
There are only a certain amount of roms that can be used as a bootstrap.
The last few updates from Nintendo are only released to stop flashcards and to fix this cost time and money. Team Edge has provided constant updates for the EDGE and iEdge.
As well as the bootstrap the the firmware also needs to be updated with those updates and rom compatibility.

The Edge cards firmware is updated alongside the cyclops.

The updates are funded by the sale of the cards and the iEdge is not as popular now with so many budget cards available which work with the 3DS.

Team Edge are not working on any fix for 3DS just yet as updates will undo all the good work rather quickly. But watch this space.

When the team are no longer making money from the iEdge they will release the source code so people can fix and update the firmware themselves don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

Makes sense. I'm expecting another firmware update in September and maybe they'll release a boostrap upgrade then.

pikalax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(EMail received 8/13/11) said:
Hi, !

The R&D team have been informed concerning the new DSi firmware 1.4.3 , They are working on it and a release should be available in our download section soon. Please visit our web page for more information.

Thank you for your support and patience.

http://www.edge-ds.cn/

Regards - EDGE Tech

Define "soon".

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well soon or not at least he got a reply. I have e-mailed them on different occasions at least 5 to 7 times and I NEVER get a response.
Oh well.....................

undertoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also so received the email. I had a similar reply when I was asking about 1.4.1

The R&D team have been informed concerning the new DSi firmware 1.4.3 , They are working on it and a release should be available in our download section soon. Please visit our web page for more information.

Thank you for your support and patience.

http://www.edge-ds.cn/

Regards - EDGE Tech

Petit Prince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I also focus on this problem that there's a long time it dosen't update .
Tell the truth that iEdge works well , and the procedure of updating is more better than other cards . At least , no need to rent another ds or dsi .

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
What?

If you already updated your DSi, you'll net a DS to update your Edge card just like with any other card.

And it doesn't work well. Other cards (Supercard, Acekard, R4iDSN Wood) can play ROMs much better in general.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hell at this rate by the time they do get out an update Nintendo will have another system update in a month and a half and we STILL won't be able to use the dsi/Eshop. Even I'm getting tired of this crap and I am one of the most patient out there.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The DS Flashcard market is DEAD,
so they work on something else, like chip or solution for X360...

Maybe, when the new DS, after the 3DS, will come out, they will return!

anton123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is looking dead in the water. Is GBATEMP going to hold their feet on the fire for the lack of support?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."