Hacking No BD firmware on PS3 with working BD?

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it works, but un just thinking, why arent they all patched for no bd?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

Yes, it works, but un just thinking, why arent they all patched for no bd?

Preference when building / making CFW

No BD FWs let you install updates that have BD check and installs without errors

New no BD FW 4.82 FW lets you enjoy homebrew with a broken BDr drive and no black screens when launching any hombrews

Last edited by ,
Reactions: democracy

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preference when building / making CFW

No BD FWs let you install updates that have BD check and installs without errors

New no BD FW 4.82 FW lets you enjoy homebrew with a broken BD drive and no black screens when launching any hombrews
thanks for this, but if no bd fw these days work just as well as bd fw on systems with working bd, then technically the no bd firmware is still better in that in the event of a bd failure theres no interruption in usage? Am i missing something?

Last edited by democracy,
D

Deleted User

thanks for this, but if no bd fw these days work just as well as bd fw on systems with working bd, then technically the no bd firmware is still better in that in the event of a bd failure theres no interruption in usage? Am i missing something?

Basically if Rebug newest as no BD then winner winner chicken dinner

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, confused by responses? Just want to know, is there any downside to using a no bd fw on a slim that has a working bd?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh, I'm not sure what would happen. I'd advise against doing that. updates have bd firmware included. firmware for every type of bd drive the ps3 might have. there are several files for this. all are listed in the upl. you have to decrypt the file though since it's not part of dev_blind. the easiest way to do this is with PUAD. tell it to decrypt upl.

D

Deleted User

sorry, confused by responses? Just want to know, is there any downside to using a no bd fw on a slim that has a working bd?

What I meant is Rebug is the best CFW and I'm pretty sure the new 4.82.1 has NO BD so your set. And no there is no downside.

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I meant is Rebug is the best CFW and I'm pretty sure the new 4.82.1 has NO BD so your set. And no there is no downside.
thanks, per psxplace, a third party had released unofficially no bd fw ver so it does appear to not be officially supported. Perhaps you thinking of the recently added patch that lets you easily swap out a broken bd for a working bd.

so i still dont know if its safe or wise to use a no bd fw on a ps3 with working bd...

and theres a couple of posts aboce me that i do not understand.

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't worry about that. he's a good dev, and he checks his firmware before upl9ading it. I'm on that site as well under the name pinky.
thnx m8 but do i need a ps3 with a broken bd to use a fw with no bd support? is there any reason not to?

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh, I'm not sure what would happen. I'd advise against doing that. updates have bd firmware included. firmware for every type of bd drive the ps3 might have. there are several files for this. all are listed in the upl. you have to decrypt the file though since it's not part of dev_blind. the easiest way to do this is with PUAD. tell it to decrypt upl.
okay, so, are recomending against using a no bd fw on a system witha working bd, correct?

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what would happen. I'd suggest not doing that.

lol, there are no warnings... just reading between the lines; seems users want a no bt with cobra 7.55 so then I ask myself, why not flash a no bt version, or better yet, ask around on gbatemp about it, :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joonie hasn't updated his github yet. right now, afaik, it's updated to 7.52. he'll update it soon. you can update from within rebug toolbox as well. the latest should work on rebug 4.82 or even 4.81, so you can take the cobra files from that firmware to your own. even if for some reason it didn't work, you'd only be soft bricked. you can reinstall the firmware in the recovery menu. the emer_init.self is the recovery menu, and it's in the core os, so it's untouched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, What are you buttering him up for? :tpi: