No 3D Netflix Movies

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by SamAsh07, Jul 17, 2011.

Jul 17, 2011

No 3D Netflix Movies by SamAsh07 at 7:39 PM (2,519 Views / 0 Likes) 30 replies

1. SamAsh07
    OP

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    The other day it seemed 3D movies were coming to Netflix 3DS, owing to this section of the press release:

The new Netflix application for Nintendo 3DS displays movies and TV episodes in 2D on the system’s upper screen. Users will soon have access to an additional library of select movies that can be viewed in 3D without the need for special glasses.

As it turns out, this wasn't referring to Netflix but instead the Nintendo Video application that's due to release later this summer:

The press release announcing the new Netflix service for Nintendo 3DS also references the system's upcoming short-form video service. Nintendo 3DS owners soon will be able to enjoy free, specially selected video content that includes 3D movie trailers, comedy clips and music videos.[/p]

[​IMG] Source

I'm personally not bothered at all, it's not like Netflix is available here anyways [​IMG]

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Aww damn, that sucks. I was looking forward to some 3D movies.

[​IMG]

3. thela_kid

Member thela_kid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    man, i swaer.
    nintendo:"lets design awesome shit that blows peoples minds and will be a revolution"
    me:"yay. that totally blows our fluffin' minds!"
    nintendo:"oh yea, here some's shovelware. oh, you wanted us to actually use what we designed to its fullest extent? no, it's more of an arms race"
    me: :'(

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Same here. Maybe they'll release 3D movies as individual cartridges.

5. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I don't really care, though it would have been a nice extra thing. I honestly like the fact that I can watch Netflix on my 3DS at all.

6. Yatashi Strife

Member Yatashi Strife GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i kinda figured it wasnt gonna have 3d. i think it would have been too much work, and it probably wouldnt have been real 3d anyway. they would have to remake the movie in 3d for that.

7. Yatashi Strife

Member Yatashi Strife GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yea same here, the program is awesome overall. it could have been worse.

8. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Meh, I don't mind. Having Netflix alone on the 3DS is pretty awesome. Now to just renew my membership.

9. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    Well it does say movies and not short clips and trailers right?
    But still, it's pretty unclear until Nintendo makes another statement.

10. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    First off, this isn't even Nintendos fault. They can't force Netflix to start releasing movies in 3D. Second, there's always the chance that later on they could sell 3D movies on carts like DeMoN said. Besides, watching any kind of movie on such a small screen isn't exactly ideal either.

11. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    Netflix on 3DS is nothing more than a joke. The video quality is shit, takes a good amount of time for it to load, there's no attempt at making it atleast high quality. In this case, my phone truly does do better then it. Which is sad.

3D movies would be even worse. Think of how long they'd take to load...

12. thela_kid

Member thela_kid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    speak for yourself.
    quality is sharp as a knife, takes about 5 seconds to load. i hardly go without watching something on my 3ds. and it helps me fall asleep without this huge ass light and volume disturbing my neighbors and killing my electric bill. its truly amazing.

and yea, i know it's not ninty's fault for netflix not having 3d. what i mean is we've had shovelware and NO custimizable media able to run on the 3ds. the only 3d movies anyone ever saw on the 3ds was that stupid okgo or fireworks video. hey ninty, its not the console's power that sells, its what you can do with it

13. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Depends on what your watching, Speed Grapher looks great and oddly enough, so does Gurren Lagaan.

14. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    I see where you coming from, but I believe they give us all that was promised and there are a few good games out now.

15. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    My 3DS does Netflix amazingly; I'm now thinking of using it as my main streaming device.

16. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    I honestly don't care. Netflix portable= great to me. To all the haters...

YOUR INTERNET SUCKS. It takes about 20 seconds to load a video on my 3DS at home, about 10 on the 360. Not that much of a wait at all. On the go I have tried it once, at McDonalds. Took only 20 seconds to load too.

Maybe you are just impatient? [​IMG]

17. KingVamp

United States
    20 seconds? Not sure if my 3ds take that long, well at least it doesn't seem that long.

Anyway, only thing that may be consider too slow is starting the app. (for me at least)

18. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    Video quality is decent. Not shit but nor is it amazing. It takes a few seconds for a tv show or movie to start which shouldn't be a problem unless someone is expecting the video to literally instantly begin playing upon touch of the play button.

It's more of an easy alternative depending on one's situation than being a joke. It works well for me since most of the devices in my home are used up most of the time and it's an easy transition from 3DS games to a movie. Not everyone has the luxury of having a phone that carries the Netflix service also.

On topic, I thought this was old news, no? I read it on that nintendo3dsblog the other day. I'm not really upset with this since I don't really see the quality of any 3D movie being good since everything, so far, streams just decently.

19. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Glad your opinions and assumptions are your own, and don't speak for the rest of us. It does what it is meant to do, even if the interface is slower and the quality isn't HD, but as an eShop application, they can improve and update it at a later date. We weren't even expecting it this soon, and it being in this state might have been because they released it early.

20. KingVamp

United States
    Hmm... try testing the speed,but the app having issues.

Does anyone got a nonworking Netflix app?

rewrite: Does anyone have the Netflix not connecting to the 3ds?