Hardware No 10.8 yet: maybe no more Stability™ [Discussion]

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the new eshop will actually counter cfw? Could it possibly detect installed titles not in the history and delete them? Same gos for unsigned sigs.

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be kind of surprised if there isn't an update but I guess we'll see hopefully it doesn't update anything that makes it so we have to wait to update emunand.

Sachi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be kind of surprised if there isn't an update but I guess we'll see hopefully it doesn't update anything that makes it so we have to wait to update emunand.
That would require changing native_firm. I'm not sure whether that'd be difficult for nintendo to change or not, but it should take more time than 2 weeks. They haven't patched it yet, so I'm assuming their priority would be svchax rather than CFW users for an update.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
stabilitytm

they cant detect the difference between OFW and CFW without the risk of ban some legal users.....that was the same reason that they used AP patch in games unless block sky3ds direcly....because they could affect legit users

greetings

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
stabilitytm

they cant detect the difference between OFW and CFW without the risk of ban some legal users.....that was the same reason that they used AP patch in games unless block sky3ds direcly....because they could affect legit users

greetings

You can't block Sky3DS since it has an FPGA that emulates the exact comunication between the 3DS and the cart, that's why it's transparent to the FW version used. If you block it, no legit game (with the same protocol) can be played. You can alter the communication protocol for certain games (AP) so the Sky3DS can't replicate it anymore (due to its inner workings being fixed), and then you can block it for those games.

You could in fact block the Sky3DS usefulness if protocols of every game were different. But that would be unthinkable from a business standpoint. Also, the database of protocols would be stupidly huge and every game should bring an update embedded.

Last edited by EmuAGR,

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think Nintendo feels the current update makes homebrew difficult enough and plans to focus on the NX. Any thoughts? Maybe something I missed?

That's not really how it works.
They have different teams for different stuff, they don't make the entire company focus in one single thing.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
At least to my knowledge, there is a possibility that they'll release an update tomorrow, or sometime along those lines. They did announce that they'll launch on March 31st (with Miitomo) an enhanced version of the eShop to be used on other devices, like computers, cellphones, etc.
I guess we can sorta predict that an update will come out for the 3DS and Wii U to be compatible with this, and possibly add some new features to the eShop in the consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo