Hardware No 10.8 yet: maybe no more Stability™ [Discussion]

Sachi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reason 1 is flat out false. Nintendo issued an official statement denying that they were ceasing Wii U production almost a week ago.

The other two reasons are hardly definitive proof.

This thread is going to go downhill faster than Sonic The Hedgehog covered in lube.
I didn't say it was definitive proof
Any thoughts? Maybe something I missed?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody really care anymore? Most people downgraded to 9.2 when they had the chance, and even now it's still very possible to downgrade and exploit 10.7. If you're not serious enough to downgrade, you likely wont care about these and just move on or you have a secondary exploit say Oot3d. That and it's piss easy to get your hands on a <10.7 3ds, considering nobody uses 3ds'a anymore (i'm talking about in general, i use mine as much as the next guy, but in general people don't use it) and anybody's could be borrowed for Oot3dhax, the signature game most 3ds users own. Let's just move on. And by that i mean go back in time a year and set up an emunand to be able to move on.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
They are releasing "enhanced eShop" on the 31st. So yes there will be an update. They may make the jump to 11.0 and skip 10.8 seeing that it would be a major feature change. All the 10.x updates other then maybe 10.0 have been "stability" patches. :P

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are releasing "enhanced eShop" on the 31st. So yes there will be an update. They may make the jump to 11.0 and skip 10.8 seeing that it would be a major feature change. All the 10.x updates other then maybe 10.0 have been "stability" patches. :P
A quote from the 3ds update history:
  • Further improvements to overall system stability, system security, and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
Translation: We patched some exploits and are trying to get everyone to update before @Margen67 says anything.

Reactions: Ev1l0rd

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw the wrong date, my fault.:P.
To be honest I just care about NATIVE_FIRM updates. They affect me the most.
It happens to the best of us. Anyway, I presume they're trying to build a firmware version that is as secure and impenetrable as possible, probably to be the last firmware version release for the 3ds. As for when it's released, most likely the 31st of March, 2016.

Inochi.no.Zenmai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that OoTHax is most likely never going to be fixed, as it needs an overhaul of the save feature inside the game itself. How accurate can that be?

And could this new eShop coming in 31st bring new security measures? I think that's more tricky than a new system update.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my guess is, they dont care about this exploit. They're likely patching another downgrade method. This exploit sells new 3ds's like hotcakes. Those emulators and overclocking really helps sell the console.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
No, they probably won't. This "enhanced eshop" is for PC/mobile.
nintendoeverything.com said:
It’s also worth noting that Nintendo will be bringing out an enhanced Wii U and 3DS shop on Nintendo.com and Nintendo of Europe site on March 31 for users with a Nintendo Account to purchase digital games. It’ll have over 2,000 games that can be accessed on personal computers or smart devices. All purchases can be sent directly to a 3DS or Wii U for download. Additionally, it will be possible to “easily find and purchase games that are new, popular and on sale, as well as use filters to search by genre.”
I really think if there was any additional backend needed for the "send directly" via PC feature, the update wouldn't come at the last minute. That's not how Nintendo usually does things.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...