NNU-Patcher to access eshop from 5.5.1 also works

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by chankarik, Jul 18, 2017.

1. chankarik
    OP

chankarik Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Brazil
    Yes - as long as you haven't updated yet, you can still access loadiine, run NNU-Patcher from it and then access the eshop to get the DS game (Brain Age?), to convert it into Haxchi and go online-free.

This has been brought to my attention by Kauan Binario Kubosuke, a friend and subscriber to my channel. Here's a vid showing it working:

-Teacher Gus, Brazilian dude with video tutorials from yore

NOTE: While the game won't download if you are still on the eshop (it will require updating), it seems that if you go to Home Menu, it can be downloaded.

Last edited by chankarik, Jul 18, 2017
    Haaaaarrrgg and hug0-a7x like this.

2. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Nice i was just about to seen if there was a work around.

Do you know if its safe to update redNand?

3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Thanks! I was looking for confirmation on this

4. Rocket0634

Rocket0634 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    Just want to note that while I can access the eshop and buy Brain Age, the Wii U refuses to download it because the System Update failure won't let me do anything else. And you can't download from the eshop itself, you have to do it from the home menu. Which is a pain.

Edit: I'm talking about a typical function of the Wii U. On the 3DS, downloads can be done through the eshop or the home menu. On the Wii U, they are only done through the home menu download manager. I was just saying it was inconvenient that there was only one option. My bad.

Last edited by Rocket0634, Jul 18, 2017
  5. TrainYukito

TrainYukito Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2016
    Brazil
    Thanks Binario and Chankarik
    And hey Chankarik, don't forget to say "Good Night Binario"

6. chankarik
    OP

chankarik Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Brazil
    Good to know. Still, if you can install it from the Home Menu, it is workaround to get the game while on 5.5.1, I guess.

7. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    As long as you can still get a HaxChi compatible game while in 5.5.1 were in business. Nothing new here. The same thing happened with 5.5.1 update.

Glad there is a workaround

8. Rocket0634

Rocket0634 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    Oh, what I meant is that downloads are done through the download manager in all cases. It's being blocked for me because of a system update nag, so the home menu won't download it.

9. chankarik
    OP

chankarik Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Brazil
    Ah, I get it. I wonder if using the DNS that blocks updates could fix that.

10. Rocket0634

Rocket0634 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    Using the DNS blocks is what causes the issue. It should work just fine if you disable the DNS blocks- but this comes at the risk of updating your system before installing haxchi.

11. chankarik
    OP

chankarik Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Brazil
    True. On the video, I could go up to the part where accessing the game page on the eshop is possible - as I have the game and Haxchi, I didn't go through the download to check that. Also, I had no DNS blocks, so yeah, I was open to the risk - still, it would have nagged me to update, wouldn't it? I mean, it shouldn't be an auto update.

12. Rocket0634

Rocket0634 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    It's an issue with how the DNS block works. It's not an update that's causing the error to show up- it's the fact the wii U can't connect to the update servers. When it can properly connect to the update servers, then no issue should pop up and you should be able to download the game before the update installs itself. Still, it's a risk. But it should be doable.

chankarik likes this.
  13. chankarik
    OP

chankarik Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Brazil
    Awesome info, Rocket :D Thanks!

14. GeeBeeYaY

GeeBeeYaY Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2015
    United States
    i wonder is it'll totally look suspicious at all if nintendo notices so many people buying DS brain age all of a sudden? ;)

15. chankarik
    OP

chankarik Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Brazil
    UPDATE: I updated my console to 5.5.2 (I use Haxchi), and even the CFW is working fine. No problems here, seems to be safe to update.

Kafluke likes this.
  16. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    If you can't get normal downloading to work, download the title using an NUS downloader like JNUSTool or WiiU USB Helper, REMOVE the title.tik (if there is one), copy it to SD, then install the title with wupinstaller.

17. Rocket0634

Rocket0634 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    It says in the guide that you need to use a legit/not pirated copy of the game in order to install haxchi. But I don't know much about it myself since I never intended on installing haxchi.

18. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Everything except the ticket (title.tik) is legit and is downloaded from Nintendo's content servers. And if you purchased the game on the WiiU via eShop, you have a valid ticket already installed by eshop. (That's the way the console actually installs eshop titles - eshop installs the ticket, and the download omits it.)

19. Rocket0634

Rocket0634 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    That makes sense.

20. PSXJowie

PSXJowie Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2016
    United States
    Are you sure about that since I have the same problema about having the game in the download manager not able to download it