GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
sd slot for music pics taking , by the camera i use , wifi is not bad

xl has a better grip , bigger screens

smaller, more storage, touch screen, bigger screen Nintendo has been doing that and add their on stuff like 3d O.o

even if 3d is a gimmick ,it may have power close to the game cube.

edit: yes they would probably slap us with a 3ds2 or something like that , but I'm use to it .
tongue.gif

How bright can a screen get before they stop?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr.Killa said:
KingVamp said:

smaller, more storage, touch screen, bigger screen
Nintendo has been doing that and add their on stuff like 3d O.o

edit: yes they would probably slap us with a 3ds2 or something like that , but I'm use to it .
tongue.gif

those are not reasons to re-spend about 200 on a brande "new" ds

how bout the people who have not got a ds yet ? and some people who do have a ds fell that it worth it.

_Chaz_ said:
QUOTE(KingVamp @ Apr 2 2010, 11:02 AM)

smaller, more storage, touch screen, bigger screen Nintendo has been doing that and add their on stuff like 3d O.o

tongue.gif

How bright can a screen or "big or small or stronger or more storage or etc on a ds " get before they stop?
hmmmm... ask Nintendo!!!!
tongue.gif

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, it's not known if the 3DS is yet another DS (I'm with you when you say the DSi is pointless) or a new system, or DS2 like people called it. In that case then it wouldn't be that stupid, since you'd have way more 3DS-only games and people'd buy them. Besides, the Wii was (and is) a gimick but it has many great games.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@davidsl_128

We already stated very clearly that Nintendo is marketing 3DS as "a successor to the DS". They never marketed the DSi as a new system, but rather a redesign with some new test features. The press release for 3DS specifically states it's an entirely new system though. Of course, there's always the chance they're lying, but that chance is extremely low. Rarely do they outright lie about their systems and marketing.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
@davidsl_128

We already stated very clearly that Nintendo is marketing 3DS as "a successor to the DS". They never marketed the DSi as a new system, but rather a redesign with some new test features. The press release for 3DS specifically states it's an entirely new system though. Of course, there's always the chance they're lying, but that chance is extremely low. Rarely do they outright lie about their systems and marketing.
The DS wasn't a successor to the Gameboy Advance.
wink.gif
How quickly we forget! Don't ever take Nintendo at their word.
lecture.gif

DreamTrooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Spikey said:
granville said:
@davidsl_128

The DS wasn't a successor to the Gameboy Advance.
wink.gif
How quickly we forget! Don't ever take Nintendo at their word.
lecture.gif

What do you mean by that spikey??

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Spikey

Actually, as i recall, the DS was originally intended to be its own system. It was marketed as such, but they stated at the time that it was not intended to be so popular as to completely REPLACE the Gameboy name. But it was a totally new system, and when they found how popular it was, they kind of unofficially retired the Gameboy line. They never said they wouldn't make Gameboy systems anymore, but they never really made another yet have they? So in a way, the DS did succeed the Gameboy. Not something they originally intended, but as we can see here-

prints_money.gif

I'm basically saying that the 3DS is in their own words a "new system". It's not intended to be a redesign of an old DS model, nor a barebones upgrade to test out new features like the DSi. It's going to apparently have its own games, hopefully anyways. That should be their intention. I don't think it's going to replace the DS line like DS did to GB though. I think it's going to be like going from Gameboy to Gameboy Advance. Sort of a power upgrade and some new features, and be marketed with new games.

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
jeez 25,
hant he got better things to do.
now you say that ninendo 'sucker' us by releaseing a console with minor differences.
name one company that hasnt
and the reasoning for that is because the last product was successful if they changed it entirely people wouldnt buy it it would be too different
it would (almost) be treated as a different console.
I think nintendo have been clever they released the dsi as test a 2 c if they can getaway with not having a gba slot which they have also by changing the interface and adding a few other things camera etc. which i am positive will play a big part in the 3DS its just there on the dsi to once again test if they can getaway with having those things and if people will use them.
I also will not be surprised about the 3ds2 or (lite) whatever becasue im counting on the first one being quite bulkyits kindof like starting from the beggining i rekon they will make a switch from carts to someother input for games but like dsphat still have a cart slot.

im kind of ranting but i think ur point is sorta weak.
and i dont agree

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I smell a troll. an obvious one at that.

3DS is a separate system, brand spanking new platform, it's in 3D and that's about all we know for now. Am I a consumer whore for wanting to buy this system, knowing next to nothing about it? Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on what your definition of a consumer whore is.

That being said, Everything else in your rant has little to no value.

2/10. That was sloppy. troll harder.

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... if you have a job, you shouldn't worry about being suckered out. It's just two or three days of work gone.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rant rant rant blablabla OP doesnt know what hes talking about etc etc etc

Seriously

DSi was a gimmick thing I agree BUT it did give an extra dimension to gaming on the handheld so shush

DSi XL, my grandma bought it because she cant see well, is old and shaky and the bigger screen helps so its basicly a brilliant move of Nintendo to appeal a bigger audience

Any more whining?

If you really wanna be pissed off go whine in the PSP section because Sony brings out 50 types of PSP's without much diffrence. Of the Xbox section and complain about how Microsoft is bringing out several Xbox's exatly the same except diffrent HDD whilst you can buy your own.

Atleast when Nintendo does bring out the same console again they change it good. GBA and GBA SP not included but still a good change!

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
stop calling OP a troll because he doesn't have anything to back up his points.
he's just expressing an opinion, sure he may insult a few (million) people, but thats his problem not yours.

while I agree that the DSi/DSiXL were completely pointless; the 3DS is an interesting concept and until E3 no-one can say for sure whether it will "sucker everyone" or not.
and the virtualboy still has better games than the DSiWare store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."