NNIDs and Miiverse are finally coming to the 3DS

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by McHaggis, Nov 13, 2013.

1. zachtheninja

zachtheninja Honorary Ninja

Aug 28, 2011
    United States
    Texas
    So... who occupies squares 3 through 9? Ouya?

beta4attack likes this.
  2. DJ91990

DJ91990 Dark-Type Trainer

Feb 9, 2009
    United States
    Oakwood Region
    I want to know if the NNID will allow you to recover games on another console in the event something happened to your 3DS. Let's say it gets broken or something. Will I be able to recover my account on the new 3DS and get my games and ambassador stuff or am I still fvcked?

3. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    Now the question is, will the games be linked to the accounts instead of the consoles? Cause if it isn't, I will not see it as much of an improvement.

4. kingsora831

kingsora831 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2012
    United States
    NYC in College
    read my post on the last page.

EDIT
    Looks like everyone is asking this, Should be added to the front page that content is still tied to the system, not the nnid.

5. Skixy

Skixy Fight me.

Dec 14, 2011
    United States
    Away from you.
    Skype on mobile is laggy as hell, imagine on the 3DS ._.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  6. SolidSnake95

SolidSnake95 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2013
    United States
    The Vita does it, I know they aren't in the same league, and to be honest I am not sure of the performance it has on the Vita, but I think it's fair the 3DS should get a shot at more apps like skype. Nintendo is so against socialization on their platforms, it annoys the fuck out of me.

7. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    It's pretty decent on Vita. Best thing about it is that you can Skype and play games at the same time.

8. SolidSnake95

SolidSnake95 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 3, 2013
    United States
    That's pretty damn awesome. Vita is capable of so much yet it seems Sony doesn't give a damn, it cares more about its console, Nintendo is the total damn opposite. They only care about their systems if they're making money off of it, and screw those who bought the systems over when they haven't earned enough.

Corporations really piss me off.

9. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo

10. UltraMew

UltraMew GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY

Banned
    Aug 7, 2013
    United States
    Flying a blue hedgehog around

11. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    If you consider transferring "customizations" between versions "play", then I'm sorry, but that's pretty sad. My definition of cross version play would be, you know, playing on a 3DS against someone on a WiiU.

12. UltraMew

UltraMew GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY

Banned
    Aug 7, 2013
    United States
    Flying a blue hedgehog around
    Your dream.

13. The Milkman

The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

Jan 12, 2011
    United States
    Throwing milk at the bitches!
    Eh. Stopped using my 3DS for online after the KI hype died.

14. GreatZimkogway

GreatZimkogway Still a Touhou Fanatic

Jul 21, 2009
    United States
    Senkai
    Wow, you people are just not happy about anything, are you. They do something good, and you all STILL rag on them. Even TwinRetro...if that's not entitlement, I'd don't know what is.

Be happy we're getting it at all. Especially with people, you know, having complained all last gen that they just wanted a dedicated gaming device, not a multi-function supercomputer system.

Me, I'm just excited to finally get Miiverse on 3DS. Better late than never.

NEP, T Link7, beta4attack and 3 others like this.
  15. wartutor

wartutor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2012
    United States
    this is one step in the right direction. now all they need to do is make it where i buy retro games on one system i get it on the other too. i'm tired of buying my retro games twice??? and it's something that could be easily fixed by nintendo. i bought both platforms damn it and the old retro games (that i usually own already on the original system in the closet) give your diehard fans a little break wtf lol..this is great news though

16. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Finally, is about time but thank you Nintendo.

17. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    I have £5 left over from buying a £25 card from buying phoenix wright, So since i also own a wii-u, i can buy from the bunch of awesome Snes games priced at around £5 on that, since there is nothing i want for on the 3DS for that price.

Also slightly off topic, where can i watch the full announcement? Is it still on the main nintendo site? coz i couldnt find it just now.

18. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

It's on YouTube as well :P

19. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    Antarctica
    The Forge
    I think the main problem people have with the update isn't the NNID update, but instead the limits it still has compared to the other major console makers (=competitors). A dedicated handheld console like the 3DS is a fantastic piece of electronics as a dedicated gaming device, but if you're going more and more into digital, it's kinda hard to see why the stuff can't be backed up from an alternative source i.e. the internet.

Sony can do it, Microsoft can do it, Steam can do it, pretty much every other digital store can do it. Now if only Nintendo would do it too. Not too much to ask is it? :)

ps. Not directed at you GreatZimkogway, but mentioning it still here:
    Saying they've only started doing online stuff seriously is wrong in a way. While the Wii lacked a lot compared to current gen (and even previous gen competitors), it still had some online functions and Nintendo R&D will have had to do some work in the area.

20. Osha

Osha Weh

Jun 19, 2012
    France