Hacking NNID Became Unlinked on its Own?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 756
  • Replies 1
D

Deleted User

OP
For starters, here's my setup:
N3DS:
  • sysNAND 9.2 with menuhax installed, backup NNID was linked
  • emuNAND 10.7 with ReiNAND for CFW, main NNID is linked
I was using my PC to troll on Miiverse using my backup NNID and received my first notification on that account (took way too long IMO). I didn't think anything of it so I just brushed it off. I tried to log on the next day and it told me that I can't use that NNID with Miiverse because it's not linked to any console. Sure enough, I try to log onto Miiverse in sysNAND (only thing that's not vanilla is a patched AGB_FIRM) and that tells me I need to link an NNID to use it.

I haven't read anything on here about an NNID becoming unlinked like that. Yes, the 3DS isn't designed to be used like this, but because it was working just fine before, I assume it's something server-side on their end. Does this mean they realized that there were two accounts linked to one console?

The reason I'm posting this is to ask if there's any way to link an NNID to a console that's on a lower firmware without updating the firmware or any part of it.

If you're wondering why I don't just use my main NNID, it's because I discovered this morning it was permabanned. I realize there's a tutorial to get around this, but I don't want to dick around with changing my console's ID or anything.

Lastly, I've thought about this and I understand I can just install a9lh to update both sysNAND and emuNAND, thus being able to link without hassle there, but I'd like to know if there are options besides that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night