Nitrohax (homebrew Action Replay alternative) now working as a .CIA!

A free alternative to Action Replay cheating devices for Nintendo DS games, Nitrohax, has been released in CIA format to work on the Nintendo 3DS. Download below, and this video made by @Apache Thunder and recorded by @Sasori will show it off!

Also:

Don't forget, that you currently need dev Luma3DS 6.0 or newer CFW and patched TwlBg.cxi before you can use this. So if you get the fat init failed error you don't patched dev launcher yet. More on that here:

https://github.com/ahezard/twl_firm_patcher

and a guide to use it here https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-twl_firm_patcher.438703

:download:Download

Last edited by shutterbug2000, , Reason: Changed link to github release

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what causes this not to work on twl games
For a start, it runs in Nitro mode. While most TWL games are backwards compatible with NTR hardware, this is an unsupported hack, and might have issues.

Or maybe I'm just ignorant.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
For a start, it runs in Nitro mode. While most TWL games are backwards compatible with NTR hardware, this is an unsupported hack, and might have issues.

Or maybe I'm just ignorant.
but it would be easier to edit nitro hax to get twl games to work then for them to make their own cheat app

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
problemtop.png

problembot.png

Here's my Soul Silver cartridge. It works through Nitrohax, with cheats functioning as they should and even connecting to the fake WFC, but if I try to launch it normally, it blackscreens upon loading the save game. I'm using the newest release (0.95, though it still says 0.94 when I launch it), so I dunno what the problem is...

Last edited by eworm,

dakingotu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting dragon quest v: hand of the heavenly bride to work.

Nitrohax loads, the codes list loads, but as soon as I select the DQV in the code list, it brings up the codes, and then seems to hang indefinitely. Thoughts?

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just extracted this CIA with ctrtool and found a DS ROM file in it. If we can make DSiWare CIA's from DS ROM's, why can't we use this method for installing DS games instead of those flashcart forwarders?

D

Deleted User

I just extracted this CIA with ctrtool and found a DS ROM file in it. If we can make DSiWare CIA's from DS ROM's, why can't we use this method for installing DS games instead of those flashcart forwarders?
Added to list of quotes for idiocy.
Because they expect to read from a cart and NOT an SD unlike Flipnote Studio?

Louis Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A free alternative to Action Replay cheating devices for Nintendo DS games, Nitrohax, has been released in CIA format to work on the Nintendo 3DS. Download below, and this video made by @Apache Thunder and recorded by @Sasori will show it off!
Cool! But wait!! It was a time, where it was NOT in cia format? Does this means, that it was originally started as a 3dsx?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Test build of NitroHax I got together right before I went to bed. Hasn't been extensively tested yet. This version boots in TWL mode and switches into NTR mode just before booting the game. It worked on the two games I have.

This build no longer requires the dev launcher patch!

One thing i haven't tested is using large cheat code database. Does that work with this build? Since it's in twl mode it will have more ram to store the cheat codes. But doing so might cause cheats to break when the mode switch happens so you may still want to avoid using a xml larger then 2.5MB or so.

Attachments

• NitroHax_TWL.rar
    164.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Test build of NitroHax I got together right before I went to bed. Hasn't been extensively tested yet. This version boots in TWL mode and switches into NTR mode just before booting the game. It worked on the two games I have.

This build no longer requires the dev launcher patch!

One thing i haven't tested is using large cheat code database. Does that work with this build? Since it's in twl mode it will have more ram to store the cheat codes. But doing so might cause cheats to break when the mode switch happens so you may still want to avoid using a xml larger then 2.5MB or so.

Worked for me, but I didn't test the large xml file

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...