NISA Conference Announcement Roundup

nisalogo.jpg

NIS America has a conference today at 6:30PM PST. The following are the announcements they made.

• Grand Kingdom is releasing on June 21, 2016 for PS4/PSVITA. It will have dual audio.
  • Stranger of Sword City is releasing on April 26, 2016.
  • Criminal Girls: Invite Only and hotL#nIQ will be coming to Steam sometime in April and March, respectively.
  • NISA will be localizing and releasing Touhou Genso Rondo in the summer.
  • Yomawari Night Alone will be out "Late 2016" for PSVITA.
  • Psycho Pass: Mandatory Happiness is releasing this fall, for PS4/PSVITA. The Xbox One version has been cancelled.
:arrow: Source

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... a Psycho-Pass video game... that definitely seems interesting. It makes me think of Watch Dogs.

And yay, Criminal Girls for Steam. I'm always skeptical about games that require fanservice to sell, so I definitely don't want to go buying it blindly.

Trophies
XP
Country
Yomawari Night Alone will be out "Late 2016" for PSVITA.

WHATTT?? Yooo, I totally wanted this game. HELL YES!!!

obs123194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's crazy cause the xbox one version of psycho pass was an exclusive in japan but it sold like shit soo that makes sense for it to get canceled outside of japan

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why bother releasing games for the Vita? If NIS wants to continue tapping into the handheld market the 3DS would be the better choice.

For some reason NIS has rarely released games for Nintendo platforms. Which when considering the wacky nature of their games seems like a big mistake (since I would think Nintendo gamers would be just as accepting of cartoonish games as Sony gamers, if not more).

Fatih120

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[*]NISA will be localizing and releasing Touhou Genso Rondo in the summer.

Ayy yeah that's amazing, Touhou is coming in full swing ;w;

oh wait no nintendo
Why bother releasing games for the Vita? If NIS wants to continue tapping into the handheld market the 3DS would be the better choice.

For some reason NIS has rarely released games for Nintendo platforms. Which when considering the wacky nature of their games seems like a big mistake (since I would think Nintendo gamers would be just as accepting of cartoonish games as Sony gamers, if not more).

Exactly this. Phantom Brave was their first game I played on the Wii, and I loved it so much. I then realized they didn't make anything else for the Wii at all. I heard that they might have done a deal/contract with Sony, so that would make sense if there was nothing for Nintendo.

Still pisses me off to a small extent, however :nayps3:

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
As a big Touhou fan I'm very happy NISA decided to give it a chance, I only hope things go well.

Plz no. I don't want to play pixelated games when they can look gorgeous on dat qHD OLED.
Anime styled games need to be treated properly, and with properly I mean they need to have good resolution to show waifus in all their glory.
NISA got some games on Nintendo platforms the past gen and didn't went well, so it was only logical to drop them, even more now that they where in a tight financial situation. That and the fact that Vita is the anime console of this generation, every person that has a Vita is because all the waifu games are there, myself included.

Last edited by Sakitoshi,
Reactions: Brunho

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it's crazy cause the xbox one version of psycho pass was an exclusive in japan but it sold like shit soo that makes sense for it to get canceled outside of japan
Except it doesn't. It sold like shit because Xbox One hardware sales total in japan are like 70,000 units. They sell 100 units weekly in Japan.
Outside of Japan it's sold almost 20 million units. It makes absolutely no sense to drop the XBone version WW. Especially since vita version wasn't dropped and there are only almost 14M Vita's sold worldwide.

Last edited by CathyRina,

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

As a big Touhou fan I'm very happy NISA decided to give it a chance, I only hope things go well.

Plz no. I don't want to play pixelated games when they can look gorgeous on dat qHD OLED.
Anime styled games need to be treated properly, and with properly I mean they need to have good resolution to show waifus in all their glory.
NISA got some games on Nintendo platforms the past gen and didn't went well, so it was only logical to drop them, even more now that they where in a tight financial situation. That and the fact that Vita is the anime console of this generation, every person that has a Vita is because all the waifu games are there, myself included.

Totally agree with this. Sadly, NISA didn´t went so well when they tried with Nintendo (that´s why we have only the first Disgaea on DS), so most of us already know that you can´t be Nintendo-only if you want to play their games.

Also, Vita is a nest of great games, but they are niche games. Although there are a lot of Vita-haters, some of us are happy with our Vita with all the JRPG and waifus and glad that NISA keeps bringing new titles.

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Totally agree with this. Sadly, NISA didn´t went so well when they tried with Nintendo (that´s why we have only the first Disgaea on DS), so most of us already know that you can´t be Nintendo-only if you want to play their games.

Also, Vita is a nest of great games, but they are niche games. Although there are a lot of Vita-haters, some of us are happy with our Vita with all the JRPG and waifus and glad that NISA keeps bringing new titles.

The 3DS has a lot more JRPGs than Vita. If you want to count the Playstation Store and PSP games then you also have to count DS titles for the 3DS and... 3DS wins again.

It really doesn't make sense for NIS to ignore the console. The only reason I can see must be a commercial agreement.

Brunho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The 3DS has a lot more JRPGs than Vita. If you want to count the Playstation Store and PSP games then you also have to count DS titles for the 3DS and... 3DS wins again.

It really doesn't make sense for NIS to ignore the console. The only reason I can see must be a commercial agreement.

I agree that the 3DS also has his share of RPGs (that´s why I have one too), but as I said, the Vita JRPGs are niche ones, the JRPG + Dating Simulator all arrive on Vita and you will find less of this kind in 3DS. I can just remember Fire Emblem and Conception II (that also has a Vita version).

I´m not trying to say one is better than another, I just mentioned this because of the whole "Why bother releasing games for the Vita?", in the end all we want is that both consoles receive the games, so no need to bash the Vita.

As for NIS, that´s what me and Sakitoshi said, they tried to work with Nintendo on the past, but they stoppd after a few games. It probably didn´t give them profit enough to be interesting and they made a contract with Sony.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would imagine one of the reasons NIS puts out games for the Vita is because it's easier to keep all of your games on one console. Some games, like Disgaea, would be fine on the 3DS, but some of their... smuttier games wouldn't cut it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2