NISA announces Mugen Souls, Legasista and Witch and the Hundred!

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
8lkP8.png

Exclusively for PS3, coming to North American and Europe in Fall 2012 is Mugen Souls which offers a free roaming battle map, turn based combat and tons of customization for your weeaboo needs! One of the features NISA thought was so impressive to include in their PR is Moe Kill where you can enslave monsters and turn them into items. Due to Mugen being so typically Japanese, NISA will be censoring editing the game for release in NA and EUR. You can view the website and trailer here

m6VNY.png

Another exclusive for PS3, releasing on PSN in August for North America and Europe is Legasista. Described as a dungeon crawling survival action RPG with random generated loot and fully customizable characters, sounds pretty good for a PSN game, eh? View the website and trailer here!

l28Y3.png

NISA keeps on giving with The Witch and the Hundred Knights exclusively for, you guessed, PS3! Coming early 2013 for North American and Europe is the high res, full 3D environment RPG game by NIS own Takehito Harada. There's not much details yet except from having 100 knights to command and multiple weapon equips. View the website here!

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
More Nippon Ichi is never a bad thing. :creep:
Well that depends. The only game I'm interested in from those three games is Legasista. Mugen Souls is another Idea Shittory game and Witch and The Hundred Knights is meh

Z.H.P. is the only NIS game I've truly enjoyed.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
i'll bet, ALL OF THEM.

They just can't seem to release anything else that sells (or thats good, besides srpg)
Mugen is a turn based RPG, Legasista is ClaDun HD and Witch and the Hundred Knights is an action RPG.
If you read the OP, it says what they are.

Rhapsody DS is the only NISA game that bombed.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mugen Souls is a guaranteed M rating unless they get rid of the bathing segment. You use different types of soaps to bath your characters to increase stats in battle. It's a diabetes inducing cute game and worth playing regardless.

Legasista meh, better dungeon crawlers are coming out wait for those.

The Witch and the Hundred Knights is supposed to be excellent.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
While I do like all of these games, I feel it was extremely predictable and none of these was a surprise.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
While I do like all of these games, I feel it was extremely predictable and none of these was a surprise.
That's nice?
All I meant was none of these was a surprise not even Mugen Souls, since October it had gotten over 270 pages on NISA's forum, that normally leads to NISA localization (i.e. Hyperdimension Neptunia, Hyperdimension Neptunia MK-II), though only if it's an RPG.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I meant was none of these was a surprise not even Mugen Souls, since October it had gotten over 270 pages on NISA's forum, that normally leads to NISA localization (i.e. Hyperdimension Neptunia, Hyperdimension Neptunia MK-II), though only if it's an RPG.

I haven't seen NIS in general do anything that isn't a RPG outside of publishing that terrible Cave Story remake, Disgaea Infinite, and the Prinny games.

Yeah, I'm not really interested though. Anything that comes from NIS is usually pretty lame. It's either just A) yet another SRPG or B) just the same "quirky" anime style game. Like seriously, look at the first and third image in the OP and try telling me the games have such different art styles. Even the second image looks similar except it has "lighting effects" to make it look more "realistic".

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I haven't seen NIS in general do anything that isn't a RPG outside of publishing that terrible Cave Story remake, Disgaea Infinite, and the Prinny games.

Yeah, I'm not really interested though. Anything that comes from NIS is usually pretty lame. It's either just A) yet another SRPG or B) just the same "quirky" anime style game. Like seriously, look at the first and third image in the OP and try telling me the games have such different art styles. Even the second image looks similar except it has "lighting effects" to make it look more "realistic".
Well, the games I like the most that NISA releases are the ones made by Gust, like Ar Tonelico, Atelier series and Mana Khemia games, although they aren't that well known, Ar Tonelico is def one of my fave game series ever.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country

As I understand it, their whole idea is to support their fans. If more people like their stuff, then that's fine - but they don't seem interested in changing their games to appeal to a broader audience. Which is fine by me. What you consider lame, I consider fun. What you consider just another SRPG, I consider more of the same stuff I've enjoyed all along. I kinda like that these guys don't change their stuff too much. It might mean that, to other people, their stuff is stale - but, to me at least, it's simply nice to know that they know their fanbase and that they're making games that they know we'll like.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I understand it, their whole idea is to support their fans. If more people like their stuff, then that's fine - but they don't seem interested in changing their games to appeal to a broader audience. Which is fine by me. What you consider lame, I consider fun. What you consider just another SRPG, I consider more of the same stuff I've enjoyed all along. I kinda like that these guys don't change their stuff too much. It might mean that, to other people, their stuff is stale - but, to me at least, it's simply nice to know that they know their fanbase and that they're making games that they know we'll like.

But if they do nothing but pump out SRPGs or pump out games with practically identical art styles, they'll start having their fans turn into me. I really enjoyed SRPGs at one point. Then one day I realized how polluted the market is and just couldn't enjoy them. People say the FPS market is polluted for consoles. They obviously haven't seen the SRPG market for handhelds. The amount of SRPGs the PSP and DS got this generation was just mind boggling. I just found that I was sick of playing the same on-grid turn-based SRPG every time. Yeah, maybe some of the stat building stuff is different, but if I wanted to bore myself with stats I'd follow the stock market or play Football Manager.

I really think that, before you know, the market will dry up. No one wants to play the same 4 Disgaea games port after port. No one wants to play a game that looks like Disgaea and plays like Disgaea time and time again. People say the FPS market will dry up with this continued "milking", but how long do you think that'll take, a genre with millions upon millions of fans, compared to a niche genre with a niche art style like SRPGs?

I'll at least give credit where credit is due by pointing out the "saviors" of the SRPG like Valkyria Chronicles (which was NOT grid based and actually was good).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.