KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good-news3101.jpg
The world’s largest video-game console maker jumped 4 percent to 14,050 yen, the highest close since July 2011.

Games including “Animal Crossing: New Leaf,” released in the U.S. last month, helped Nintendo’s 3DS handheld player maintain its position as the best-selling game platform in the country, according to market researcher NPD Group Inc. The stock may be included in the Nikkei index following the merger of exchanges in Tokyo and Osaka while a report that a ban on consoles may be lifted in China is also boosting the shares, said Takashi Oba, a senior strategist at Okasan Securities Co.
Pretty cool. Read more about the rise in stocks in the source.
:arrow:Source

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The world's largest video-game console maker." Really makes me happy.
On a side note, you should head over to DeadlyFoez' help thread; he needs all the support he can get.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did somebody call for Mr. Pessimism? Very well!

A) As Nathan Drake said, stocks fluctuate pretty wildly - if we posted every time a company's stocks went up or down, well... let's just say we'd have an overstock of those threads very, very quickly.
B) High stocks don't reflect the company's financial state, just the investors' confidence. It's nice that the investors are a little more enthused than they were before, but that doesn't really mean much else. Besides, investors are very fickle, flighty creatures - confidence can be won and lost in seconds.
C) Just because it's a relative high doesn't mean it's actually high on its own.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go steal Christmas.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A) As Nathan Drake said, stocks fluctuate pretty wildly - if we posted every time a company's stocks went up or down, well... let's just say we'd have an overstock of those threads very, very quickly.
B) High stocks don't reflect the company's financial state, just the investors' confidence. It's nice that the investors are a little more enthused than they were before, but that doesn't really mean much else. Besides, investors are very fickle, flighty creatures - confidence can be won and lost in seconds.
C) Just because it's a relative high doesn't mean it's actually high on its own.

Here we go. Even when there is positive news about Nintendo, someone has to go out their way to state otherwise.

A) But you clearly see I don't post just any rise or fall of stocks, so why even state this?
B) They have to feel confidence over something, reasonable reasons stated.
C) What? Either way, it's about at it's highest as 2011.

Whatever floats your boat! :D

Not that it really bothers me, but if this thread was reported the exact opposite, I feel it would at least stayed in USN.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here we go. Even when there is positive news about Nintendo, someone has to go out their way to state otherwise.
This Nintendo Victimization complex is getting really old :/
It's like everyone's said, stock has nothing to do with the financial state in the company. It's literally all the people in the world looking at Nintendo saying,"HEY,IT LOOKS LIKE THINGS MIGHT BE PICKING UP A BIT, BETTER INVEST MORE MONEY THEN SELL IT AGAIN BEFORE PROFITS TAKE A NOSE DIVE."
Sure it's cool that they've finally risen, but they could literally fall back down again in a day just depending on how people's faith is invested in the company.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

;)

A) But you clearly see I don't post just any rise or fall of stocks, so why even state this?

Because the rising/falling of stocks are not news here, period - this is no exception. I mean, we don't consider systems sales numbers to be news, so why should stock prices be treated differently?

B) They have to feel confidence over something, reasonable reasons stated.

I don't think you actually read what I said here - or if you did, you're responding to something else entirely.

C) What? Either way, it's about at it's highest as 2011.

Relative (#2 is the one you want)

For one example, let's use elevation. Sea level is relatively higher than rock bottom - but that doesn't mean sea level itself is high. The same with stocks; the point was that a relatively high stock price ("Highest since July 2011") isn't necessarily high on its own. (Wasn't saying it's low, but that titles like this can be misleading.)

Whatever floats your boat! :D

Not that it really bothers me, but if this thread was reported the exact opposite, I feel it would at least stayed in USN.

If people were so anti-Nintendo, you'd think that people would've been posting, say, Sony's stock skyrocket after E3. Or all of Nintendo's stock slips. Except that hasn't happened at all (At most, it gets brought up in a tangentially related thread. At most.).

Plus, come on, we're on a pretty Nintendo-friendly site - it's even called GBAtemp. The persecution complex is a bit ridiculous here.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, to be fair, it's always good to hear that a business you like is doing well financially. Besides, money they've accumulated from the early 1800's will only last so long. Better make some money before all of that runs out.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thread got moved because threads about sales numbers, or anything of that nature are not allowed in usn
They always brings pointless fanboy bickering

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Just wait until the release of Pokemon Gen 6, I bet stocks will soar, due to hardware and game sales, since people will need a 3DS to play the new Pokemon game, if they don't already have one.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well, to be fair, it's always good to hear that a business you like is doing well financially. Besides, money they've accumulated from the early 1800's will only last so long. Better make some money before all of that runs out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool