Hacking Nintendo's plans on next systemmenu... what you think

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This picture of Johnny Cash giving you the finger is going to pop up upon detection of Homebrew...

JonnyCashFinger.jpg

And then your Wii is going to melt.

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
Perhaps making the Wii capable of launching channels from SD (instead of this fake stuff it has now)
At some point they'll admit defeat and stop trying to block HB, but possibly a few more patches to stop it this next time, I think.

Multimedia Channel would be nice to have.. Could include DVD and CD playback aswell as streaming online media.
Maybe some Nintendo shows could be streamed directly from the channel, but ability to add your own streams trough settings.

Maybe more useful stuff like a Chat Channel, or "Wii Home" which I heard rumors about almost 2 years ago.. I believe something like that now exists for PS3 owners
frown.gif

mhadf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there are 0 working Virgin 4.0 hacks. So why do they need to admit defeat?

Maybe IF a 4.0 hack gets released they will block again. But that's about it.

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mhadf said:
Well there are 0 working Virgin 4.0 hacks. So why do they need to admit defeat?

Maybe IF a 4.0 hack gets released they will block again. But that's about it.

Actually, there is BannerBomb, and they say it should work just fine on 4.0 for installing Homebrew Channel, so there's still ways, good sir.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
your going to get charged 100$ or more to repair a wii with "legal open sourced code" EVEN IF IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PIRACY! nintendo will be charging an additional fee if ANY UNOFFICIAL CODE IS FOUND! (debatabley illegal when considering the code is NOT illegal (regardless of its functionality we have rights!) and no MONEY is involved on the end users part legaly speaking thats more important than the fact the code is freely distributed open source under GPL and if nintendo charges MONEY to CHANGE/REMOVE this code....)

Then if we are lucky someone with a good lawyer will point out that NO ILLEGAL INSTALLS HAVE OCCURRED and yet ninty has charged a DIFFERENT FEE for maintaining homebrew wii's

its discrimination! people! and someone should stand up for themselves if they encounter this by at the very least telling a manager or higher up rep at nintendo WHY OPEN SOURCE CODE IS PERFECTLY LEGAL and that if i purchase the HARDWARE i can use whatever software i choose! ninty cant go back on the WARRANTY IF ITS STILL VALID just because i used homebrew software EVEN IF said software broke the console I STILL PAYED FOR THAT WARRANTY AND SO LONG AS THE CONSOLE HAS NOT BEEN OPENED PHYSICALLY THERE GOING TO HONOR IT!

D

Deleted-171178

They will include A channel called the "awayboil channel" that will allow Nintendo certified code to be run off the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu