Nintendo's or Mayflash's Gamecube adapter !? help me pick one plis

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by leonmagnus99, Sep 25, 2018.

1. leonmagnus99
    OP

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Seinegald
    hey guys, i will finally get one.
    as it will probably come in handy for not just my switch but also for my wii u.

i have a few questions, will both of those adapters work with wii u's Nintendont..? please do let me know. edit: (and also will my 3rd party controller work with switch/wii/wiiu games?)

i prefer the look of nintendo's adapter, but i dont mind mayflash.

and last question, i want it to be compatible with my 3rd party gamecube controller , my gamecube controller is one that has a turbo function and is made by 'promate' .

Last edited by leonmagnus99, Sep 25, 2018
  2. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I would like to ask some secondary questions as I do have the Mayflash. My understanding is the second USB is used for power only becuase the WiIU USB ports only supplied the required USB 2.0 500mAh. So can we use a usb power supply for the second USB A cable? The purpose being as the Switch dock only has two USB A ports and some use one for a LAN adapter.

Also the Smash U allowed the use of two Adapters for 8 player Smash. In order to do the same with the Switch I assume a powered USB hub would be required. Not that I would do this as 8 player Smash would probably cause me seizures. :wacko: