OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/news/23180/

QUOTE said:
Nintendo President, Satoru Iwata recently told investors that the company is hard at work on a new console which is sure to offer an original gaming experience. Iwata promised that Nintendo will once again innovate but will be keeping this new project under wraps as long as they can so competitors won't steal their ideas. Iwata also wants to surprise fans and states knowing about something for a long time before it launches takes away from the experience.

"I am afraid to say that the history of entertainment is also the history of imitation. A great idea will promptly be copied unless protected through patents. At the same time, it is really important for our business to positively surprise people. Will you be surprised by our completed product if we told you how it is surprising three years in advance? Therefore, we basically disclose information on our products as late as possible. We believe this is the best approach for the entertainment products we are developing."

The Nintendo Wii turns five at the end of next year so who knows what E3 2011 will bring.

hmmm they have a great idea up their sleeves? Lets see 3D, HD, something like move and kinect, what else can they possibly offer? Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be exciting knowing Nintendo. =P

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
wtf.gif

They havent even released 3ds yet

wii tv
4d
body movement
wii treadmill ?? rpg games walk around ?? lol

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
this is old news but i guess the most enticing piece of info here is that the next wii is approx 3 years away. Probably previewed e3 2012. Also they want to release the product close to when it is revealed as it is good for sales... Makes a 3ds launch this year even more likely!?

D

Deleted_171835

Virtual Reality.
Be in the game!
unsure.gif

Personally, I would be satisfied with just a more powerful console.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
For how many more console generations will Nintendo be able to surprise us? They broke the mold with the Wii, the DS and now the 3DS. I'll bet Ninty's next home console will do the same. How long can they keep it up?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one not feeling good about it? They're obviously going for something radically different, and I'm afraid that only Nintendo will be able to develop for it *cough*Wii*cough*.

And what if they make another Virtual Boy (figuratively speaking)?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit, I'm going to have to do another 8 months straight of calling stores and asking for availability. Hopefully within 2 years of release date it will be easy to find this.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for fully interactive, 3D virtual reality (.hack kinda stuff).

Not happening, but keeping on the table.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for fully interactive, 3D virtual reality (.hack kinda stuff).

Not happening, but keeping on the table.
I want that
ohmy.gif
!!!! and then they release a .hack game for it!!! Hopefully we won't get stuck in it
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte