Nintendo's new account system My Nintendo is live

nitendo.png
The new account system Nintendo will be using, My Nintendo, which is replacing Club Nintendo and will be used for the new mobile apps in the future is up. You can now easily register for an account through the link below. Previous NNID's can be linked to your new account as well, so don't forget to do so! Once you've done that, preregister for Miitomo and get points here!

:arrow:
Source

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok, this suxs

Nintendo account can't be made cause the age doesn't fit the nintendo account stuff (for my daughter's system)
You need to be age 13 or older when you are between 13 and 18 your parents have to agree

Anyone knows how to change age for an old account? :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, this suxs

Nintendo account can't be made cause the age doesn't fit the nintendo account stuff (for my daughter's system)
You need to be age 13 or older when you are between 13 and 18 your parents have to agree

Anyone knows how to change age for an old account? :)
Pretty sure you can't.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Yay signed up.

Of all names they name the account thing Nintendo Account?

EDIT: The Support Page for this says this:

"Please note that the Miitomo and Nintendo Account registration websites will be available beginning 2/17/15."

xD

Last edited by Larsenv,
Reactions: Chary

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
So hold up.
If My Nintendo is region-locked, and the NX is supposedly going to rely heavily on My Nintendo for it's account system or as a way to link the different "platforms" the NX is going to support, does this mean the NX will be region locked as well? Is My Nintendo going to be mandatory for online play as well? Because I could see Nintendo region-locking the online, like they did with Zelda Triforce Heroes.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My understanding is that My Nintendo will eventually replace all other systems as they are absorbed and properly integrated. Region unlocking of current games will run into licensing/legal hurdles, but with the HumbleBundle I believe Nintendo might be reconsidering region locking for future consoles. That is something that they would need to figure out before distributing games, however. And Virtual console titles may still get region locked if they can't renegotiate the terms.

Hyperstar96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo: Okay guys, seriously, I know you all thought NNID was going to be the ultimate account system but we totes swear that Nintendo Account is the ACTUAL account for everything!
Everyone: So will all games purchased be tied to our account and we can redownload them all in the future on other consoles?
Nintendo:
cfe1e187cd5703d9d1513ae24937b4839e3a7f1c97972667f576b79a1b2874a6.jpg
I wish I had a time machine like you apparently do.
So hold up.
If My Nintendo is region-locked, and the NX is supposedly going to rely heavily on My Nintendo for it's account system or as a way to link the different "platforms" the NX is going to support, does this mean the NX will be region locked as well? Is My Nintendo going to be mandatory for online play as well? Because I could see Nintendo region-locking the online, like they did with Zelda Triforce Heroes.
I think it'll be like the PS3 (and maybe other Sony systems, I'm not sure) where the accounts and online store will be specific to a region but you can play any retail game.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it'll be like the PS3 (and maybe other Sony systems, I'm not sure) where the accounts and online store will be specific to a region but you can play any retail game.
Also you can always create a second user and assign him to a different region.
I do this to have access to Japanese Demos on my PS3 and PS4. Quite handy since so many of them don't get localized.

---
I still think this miitomo thing is poorly thought out but eh gonna sign up just to have a Nintendo account. Also free points are nice I guess, whatever these are supposed to do.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
I won't do anything until Nintendo changes their (very) obsolete online services and policies, and weird bans for using another region configuration to be able to access the eShop. I'm in Colombia and sadly the eShop is empty for my country, while Steam, Xbox and PSN have their services available. That's why I sold most of my games and consoles and went into the CFW world. :P

Last edited by Lyomak,

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I really first one to say that this is just dumb. What's the reason to have seperate account when users already have NNID? This only confuses and annoys everyone and they are basically seperating themselves from their own hardware.

They aren't separating themselves from their hardware. The NNID will only be used for their consoles. The whole point of the Nintendo account is so people who don't have a console and nnid, will be able to use their services by signing up with their facebook/twitter/google/etc. So people who only download apps will be able to use this service too, and if you have an NNID, you link it to your Nintendo account the same way you would link facebook or something.

Its just a way to unify all of your Nintendo purchases and products into one singular account across all platforms.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Damn it, Sweden's out of the game this time around too. If Germany can sign up, it's not a "Europe isn't supported yet" deal either.
It's probably just Nintendo's Map of Europe playing tricks again. (The one where South Africa is in Europe, while Sweden isn't)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Why the new system? They could have just expanded the NNID system that's already in-place. I now have two Nintendo accounts, and only 1 is needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...