Nintendo's legal team has stepped in to end development on fanmade Metroid project Prime 2D

!Prime 2D.jpg

To the surprise of few, Nintendo has caused the death of another fan game based on one of its properties. Prime 2D, a reimagining of Metroid Prime, but in a classic 2D style, which first appeared on the internet back in April 2021, and has received multiple updates since, has been shut down. The developers behind the fan project, Team SCU, posted an update to their website, saying that "for legal reasons" they have removed the link to the demo of the game that they had been working on, along with the soundtrack, which consisted of original music composed specifically for it. Team SCU had been working on and off Prime 2D since 2004, meaning it took a handful of months for lawyers to kill a fan game that had been in the making for well over a decade.

This bit of news follows the shutdown of the Project+ bracket at this year's Riptide tournament, while also ironically occurring during the same week as Sonic Amateur Games Expo, in which SEGA actively encourages fans to create fan-made romhacks and even full games based on their properties.

:arrow: Source

Henx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Remember, this comes from a company that released an expensive Super Mario 3D All-Stars switch compilation for a limited time in order to milk their loyal fans. These old games could have been available on the nintendo online shop, but no! Good luck trying to buy that now!
Let's just wait for the next limited series: Mario Tennis compilation, Mario golf compilation, Mario Fun Party compilation.

And while we are at it, let's throw some ideas that could have been mods, but instead let's sell these to our victims (cough... fans). We like the milk: Super Mario Cousins Ltd, Super Mario Ultra King 5x speed, Super Mario Save and Load State, Super Mario Bros Multiplayer 1 year with friends, Luigi shrinks friends, Wario's Nightmare Land, Yoshi dreams of Peach.
All copyrighted. No taking my ideas Nintendo!

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Remember, this comes from a company that released an expensive Super Mario 3D All-Stars switch compilation for a limited time in order to milk their loyal fans. These old games could have been available on the nintendo online shop, but no! Good luck trying to buy that now!
Let's just wait for the next limited series: Mario Tennis compilation, Mario golf compilation, Mario Fun Party compilation.

And while we are at it, let's throw some ideas that could have been mods, but instead let's sell these to our victims (cough... fans). We like the milk: Super Mario Cousins Ltd, Super Mario Ultra King 5x speed, Super Mario Save and Load State, Super Mario Bros Multiplayer 1 year with friends, Luigi shrinks friends, Wario's Nightmare Land, Yoshi dreams of Peach.
All copyrighted. No taking my ideas Nintendo!

What's even better is that they probably used the work of emulators/roms developed by its fanbase.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Even worse than them, their hardcore defenders, bald, fat, and ugly 30 years old virgins on the internet.

But I have to agree to some degree.
On a moral index out of the big 3 console manufacturers, they treat their fans the worst and the level of arrogance is comparable to EA.

Last edited by tpax,

Phenj

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't really understand putting so much time and effort into making someone else's IP. Like damn...just make Matroid, a game following Séamus Aran, a chick in an irish suit that lets her turn into a cylinder that can lay plasma landmines

Based on your avatar I betcha still play their games. Which would mean you just find vague sad reasons to love Nintendo's games and pretend your poor ass is stealing their work for a justified reason lol. Big oof.
"Based on your avatar I betcha still play their games."
Ah yes. very clever argument, based on your picture then what should i think? That you're a complete moron? I don't even have a Switch lmao

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you're going to take the time to make a Nintendo fan game/project of any kind, DON'T FUCKING ANNOUNCE IT UNTIL IT'S 100% COMPLETE.

It's not that hard, and "we didn't think they would DMCA it" is not an excuse in 2021 after Nintendo have been pulling this for decades now.
hey, if the project is nearly 100% finished, they can be still "accidentally" leaked, as far as Nintondo won't able to prove it was mod devs to upload it.

HideoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is not Valve.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You know these fan games promote you Nintendo right?
You and your lawyers need to learn that you'd be nothing without the fans
While I support fan games, Nintendo is right, the promotion they get from fan games can't be compared with their losses.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont shpuld focus on making new games than hunting down fans making fan based games.

Sick of seeing nintendo shutting fans down, its a shame the fanboys cant wake up and stop blindly following this greedy company that prints money releasing cheap shit inferior consoles with bullshit gimmicms to play old ports and the same old recycled shit and then try sue everyone they possibly can and sending their cockroach legal team after anyone they possibly can.

Nintendo need to wake up and show some respect to their fans in that these fans are doing a better job than nintendo are doing themselves.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

smilodon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
At this point, I'm pretty sure this is a advetisement plot from the fan game creators. No one is dumb enough to make a nintendo fan game in 2021 afterall the takedowns.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why i hate Nintendo and stopped supporting them years ago. Even worse than them, their hardcore defenders, bald, fat, and ugly 30 years old virgins on the internet. Literal dogshit of a company.

Inb4: I won't reply to any fat bastard saying "it's copyright, they're right!!".

Says the guy on a VERY predominantly Nintendo web site. I would put money on it that you now own, and have owned in the past, both Nintendo games and Nintendo consoles/handhelds... all the while you had stopped supporting them. And guess what? It's copyright, their right!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"