• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,210
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted_171835

OP
moneyMS.gif
Nintendo released its quarterly earnings statement today, showing a drop in sales and earnings for the first quarter (April through June). As reason for the drops, the company blamed the appreciation of the yen and the lowering of the DS price.

The company did ¥188,646 million in sales over the three month period, down from the ¥253,498 million of the same period last year. Operating income was down from ¥40,401 million to ¥23,342 million.

There were some successes for the company over the fiscal period. Super Mario Galaxy 2, released in May, has sold 4.09 million units worldwide. The company also pointed to continued success for Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver and Tomodachi Collection, both of which were released last year.

DS sold 3.15 million units over the three months, down sharply from the 5.97 million of the same period last year. The system has now sold 132.04 million units worldwide.

Wii saw a gain from last year's 2.23 million units to 3.04 million units, bringing its life to date to 73.97 million units.

Both platforms saw drops in software sales for the period. DS software sales fell from last year's 29.09 million units to 22.41 million units. The system has sold a total of 740.93 million pieces of software so far. Wii sold 28.17 million games during the three months, down from the 31.07 million of last year. The system has sold 573 million units since launch. These figures do not include download games.

You can see more from Nintendo's earnings at its investor relations page.

[/p]
There has been a drop in sales from April to June. Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver continue to sell well. DS sales are dropping probably because there are little support for it now. There are barely any AAA games coming out for it in the next few months.

icon11.gif
Source
icon11.gif
Original Source

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
spinal_cord said:
I would take a guess that announcing the 3DS is what has lowered DS sales, people are just waiting for the 3DS before buying one.
I thought the same thing, most people will be saving up for a 3DS now instead of buying other hardware and/or software in the meantime. At least that's what I'm doing.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i think most people don't even know what a 3DS is. It's just that the market is saturated with DSs.

132.04 million units sold is around 10 million units away from the PS2. I wonder how long before it's gonna catch up to it.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'm saving for the 3DS too, but I do have DSi, DSL and DS :wtf: (XL is just ugly though)

Don't worry Nintendo, about the sales drop, that's life, it will rise the next month.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1