• Views 1,850
  • Replies 23
  • Likes 1

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not just the N64 - the Gamecube was pretty terrible too, albeit to a much lesser extent. Sue me. B-)

#ConsolesWithNoGaems
#TerribleSDKs
#TerribleStorageMediums
#FirstPartyLifeSupport
#ThirdPartyIsInAnotherCastle

21 million gamecubes sold...
32 million n64's sold

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
32 million n64's sold
649 games
387 games

;O;

Failure in given Generation = Failure in comparison to its competition =/= Terrible system

First two are objective, the last is subjective (unless in the context of hardware which can be scientifically analyzed. In terms of games library, it is subjective).

EDIT: The fact that Gamecube's hardware isn't crippled by terrible restrictions is also worth noting - development for the N64 was a nightmare even though the system was pretty beefy, that was not the case on the Gamecube, so points for that go to the purple cube.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
649 games
387 games

;O;

Failure in given Generation = Failure in comparison to its competition =/= Terrible system

First two are objective, the last is subjective (unless in the context of hardware which can be scientifically analyzed. In terms of games library, it is subjective).

Quantity =\= quality

n64 had better quality games

fuck sakes lets do ourselves a favor and never discuss this again. We're never gonna agree.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Quantity =\= quality

fuck sakes lets do ourselves a favor and never discuss this again. We're never gonna agree.
You don't have to discuss it with me - actually, you brought it up yourself today. To be perfectly frank with you, I know more "good" games for the Gamecube than for the Nintendo 64 and I'm entitled to that opinion because it's subjective. That being said, it's completely besides the point - my personal tastes and whether or not I like a given console should not cloud my judgement when we go down to numbers.

The overall "score" of a system should be derrived from numerous variables, not just "sales" or "profits".

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
32 million n64's sold

150 million PS2s sold, 24 million Xbox units sold...
100 million PS1s sold...

Do you really want to play this game?

then64haditsfairshareofgoodgamesdontgetmewrongbutreallynowletsnotgetaheadofourselvesandmakerashstatementslikethis.jpg

But yeah, moving on...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.