Hacking Nintendont - wiimote & nunchuck support discussions

Djent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What would ALSO be really cool IMHO is some "reversed" version of this that would allow you to play Wiimote games through USB Loader using a Gamecube/Pro controller ;)

saba_fado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i need some help. i've just installed nintendon't and please explain to me how to play with wiimote and nunchuck and if anything is required pleas link it to me :cry:

Reactions: Natural

kazenohibi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Can you help/learn me on how i can do it myself for have my own button mapping ?
First you have to install tortoiseSVN.
then right click on the desk and select SVN Checkout... ,
paste http://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ into 'URL of repository:' and you'll have the source code of the last revision.

the config file that you need to modify is PADReadGC.c , is located in nintendon-t\loader\source\ppc.

wiimote + nunchuk mapping starts on the line "// Nunchuck Buttons", I don't know if is necesary to have
programing skills but there are many examples, the case 7 (2 & plus) are free, just you need to delete the comments (//).

when you have your own config, you'll have to run Build.bat, but before, you need to install devkitPro.

I would like to explain more but i don't know english very well. anyway i hope this could be useful.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
First you have to install tortoiseSVN.
then right click on the desk and select SVN Checkout... ,
paste http://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ into 'URL of repository:' and you'll have the source code of the last revision.

the config file that you need to modify is PADReadGC.c , is located in nintendon-t\loader\source\ppc.

wiimote + nunchuk mapping starts on the line "// Nunchuck Buttons", I don't know if is necesary to have
programing skills but there are many examples, the case 7 (2 & plus) are free, just you need to delete the comments (//).

when you have your own config, you'll have to run Build.bat, but before, you need to install devkitPro.

I would like to explain more but i don't know english very well. anyway i hope this could be useful.

Right after I tied to do it for him on another forum. You did it first lol

ryntess

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making sure I'm reading into this all correctly. At this point there is no support for third party motion-plus wiimotes within Nintendont, correct?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making sure I'm reading into this all correctly. At this point there is no support for third party motion-plus wiimotes within Nintendont, correct?
Correct, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't work. The only way to find out is to try, but if you have the option you should always go with official hardware

luigii52

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Gamecube.jpg

Hello =) someone can help me doing this please? i tried to do it myself but im new in programming so some help will be great!

themacmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question... I have an existing 1TB external formatted to NTFS with my Wii games loading from a subdirectory...

Will nintendont work with a games subdirectory on such a setup, or does it positively REQUIRE a fat32 format?

Sorry if a rudimentary question, I am just getting started with nintendont (not even installed yet).

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Just a quick question... I have an existing 1TB external formatted to NTFS with my Wii games loading from a subdirectory...

Will nintendont work with a games subdirectory on such a setup, or does it positively REQUIRE a fat32 format?

Sorry if a rudimentary question, I am just getting started with nintendont (not even installed yet).

then why don't you go to the official Nintendont thread of GBAtemp, where you can read a very good FAQ to set up this piece of wonderful software ? Everything is nicely explained, you should really read this thread carefully...

Like this :

Though, USB has some restriction and the games must be located on:
- The drive must use MBR partition table (not GPT)
- The partition must be primary (not extended or logical)
- The partition must be formated as FAT32 with 64k/cluster or less. (32k/cluster and 64k/cluster recommended)
- The partition must be the first partition of the partition table, or the first primary FAT32 partition of the table.

Nintendont only works with FAT32, from the beginning, and probably for ever. You will have to make 2 partitions on your HDD ;)

Last edited by Badablek,

themacmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, sorry about that. Got it working easily, and with minimal fuss...

Now, would a no-name 2nd-gen Classic Controller Pro clone work with this? Just ordered one, hoping it will be compatible...

Also, with mixed partitions on external HDD (FAT32/NTFS) how can I stop /FAT32/games (all GameCube) showing up in other Wii game launchers? Is it even possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The craze must've had died down by then.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha