Homebrew Nintendont vs Dios Mios

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They both have advantages and disadvantages.

Nintendont:
+ Easier to use since you just install it like any other homebrew
+ Doesn't hijack your MIOS slot
+ Can use nearly whatever USB controller you want
+ Has memory card emulation (better than NMM) which works well for nearly every game that's compatible
+ Has less hard drive/USB restrictions than DIOS MIOS
- Requires a controller.ini to use said USB controllers, so some manual setup is needed if you don't have one of the 'default' controllers
- Less compatible and stable with games than DM right now, due to its young age
- No wireless controller support yet (DM doesn't support them either, and never will)
- No streaming audio support yet
- No real memory card support yet

DIOS MIOS:
+ More compatible and stable than Nintendont
+ Supports real memory cards
- Has more hard drive/USB restrictions than Nintendont, so it's harder to get working
- Provides a way to save game saves directly to USB/SD, but in a weird file format, and has very poor compatibility (or it did last time I used DIOS MIOS), so real memory cards are pretty much required
- Only supports Gamecube controllers
- Hijacks your MIOS slot

LoggerMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was kinda hoping that Nintendont had developed into Devolution quality since I last tried this. I was fairly impressed with DM, but I don't know if I should go for Nintendont this time or not. It's been a while since I've touched my Wii so I probably need to update the mod from scratch.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Wireless" controllers work on both, wave birds work fine (except for family Wii and Wii U of course). Bluetooth doesn't work on either yet, but may work on Nintendont - never on Dios Mios.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, Nintendont only went open source like 4 to 6 months ago, and it has a small team of developers, so it's still young. Not every project will have sudden superstar success like PPSSPP or Dolphin. As long as progress is made over time, that's all that really matters. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1