Homebrew Nintendont on, Wii GC controllers only working in menu?

UncleHeffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as the title implies. Softmodded Wii, nintendont, game starts up just fine (Skies of Arcadia) but the controls don't work. I have native support on, too.

I can however use it in Nintendonts menu.

What the heck is the problem?

Thanks.

Last edited by UncleHeffy,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just as the title implies. Softmodded Wii, nintendont, game starts up just fine (Skies of Arcadia) but the controls don't work. I have native support on, too.

I can however use it in Nintendonts menu.

What the heck is the problem?

Thanks.
Try turning native support off, I don't know if that would help but it's worth a shot.

UncleHeffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, tried it with it off to start, because I didn't know I needed it on at first.

Not too big a deal now, I got my Wii U Pro controller working on it.

As much as I'd like to use official GC hardware, it's good enough until someone can help I guess.

Thanks for at least trying to help me :D

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah, tried it with it off to start, because I didn't know I needed it on at first.

Not too big a deal now, I got my Wii U Pro controller working on it.

As much as I'd like to use official GC hardware, it's good enough until someone can help I guess.

Thanks for at least trying to help me :D
You don't need it on. That's only needed for other peripherals like the GBA-GC link cable and the bongos, but it's recommended to keep it off if you don't use those because it disables some extra features like the button combos for soft reset and exit, as well as support for other controllers.
I haven't had any problems getting GC controllers to work (I had native support off though) so I can't really help you. Maybe try posting in the Nintendont thread or asking @FIX94 for help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi