Hacking Nintendont freezes my Wii U when I press the home button on the gamepad. Help!

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just configured the VC Injector Nintendont channel. I can get into the game just fine and it runs perfectly smooth. But when the game loads up it says I have no memory card inserted. Then when I pressed the home button the Wii U froze. And now nothing I do will turn it off. I've tried holding the power button on the gamepad and the on the console itself but it won't shut off.

I'm afraid I will need to pull the power cord to stop it. Will this damage my Wii U or SD card?

Also how can I exit a game with the nintendont VC inject?

Finally, I've been running nintendont VC inject with CFW, but do I have to be in CFW to run it?

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Do you know how to properly exit nintendont? Is there a way to access the nintendont menu while in game? On Wii64 you just press A+B+X+Y and it brings you to the Wii64 menu where you can press quit.

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok. Do you know how to properly exit nintendont? Is there a way to access the nintendont menu while in game? On Wii64 you just press A+B+X+Y and it brings you to the Wii64 menu where you can press quit.
There's no way to exit back to the Nintendont menu, the memory card situation is probably due to the fact that you did not enable the memory card emulation setting.

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the memory card situation is probably due to the fact that you did not enable the memory card emulation setting.

Ok I figured out the memory card problem. Is it safer to have multi on or off? And how many blocks is safe to use, according to the nintendont page on here it says choose 1019 for better compatibility but in nintendont it says 1019 is unstable. I just want whichever way is least likely to corrupt.

There's no way to exit back to the Nintendont menu

Ok. I assume the only way out is to power the game off? But my Wii U won't turn off when I finish (I assume because its running on the vWii side and you can't power the Wii U off when in vWii mode. I just unplugged it during testing, any better way to power off?

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'd recommend to not use multi memory card, and use the smallest size possible. That gives you unlimited save data.

And I don't know what could be causing the issue, I always return to the Wii U Menu when I press the Home Button. Maybe try to update Nintendont to the latest version (if you haven't already)?

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend to not use multi memory card, and use the smallest size possible. That gives you unlimited save data.

And I don't know what could be causing the issue, I always return to the Wii U Menu when I press the Home Button. Maybe try to update Nintendont to the latest version (if you haven't already)?

Can I update nintendont from within nintendont or do I need to put my sd card in the PC and replace my nintendont files with the most recent ones?

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the only difference is that the forwarder now directs to the Nitendont .dol instead of just having it installed. So if you remove the SD card, the forwader will have nothing to open.

Would I need to build the forwarder myself with the VC injector?

I found a nintendont forwarder and downloaded but its a vwii wad file. If I installed that, I would have to launch the vWii to get to the forwarder, and therefore no gamepad controls?

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You are correct, a vWii forwarder must be opened from the vWii menu. And therefor, no GamePad support.
You indeed need to make an injection from TeconMoon's Injector. I recommend you install the vWii wad, find out its title ID, and then make a forwarder to a vWii NAND title.

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE="GABO1423, post: 9135266, member: 490582"]I recommend you install the vWii wad, find out its title ID, and then make a forwarder to a vWii NAND title.[/QUOTE]

If I do that, then the VC inject will forward me to the nintendont on the vWii, which then forwards me to nintendont on the sd card?

I'm guessing I'm going to need ftpiiu_everywhere to find the title id?

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yes, that's how it works. And no, you do not need to use FTP. Use ShowMiiWads to look at the title ID of the Nintendont wad. Also, BE SURE THAT THE WAD IS FOR THE VWII. A wad meant for the original Wii WILL NOT WORK AND YOU RISK BRICKING THE VWII.

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's how it works. And no, you do not need to use FTP. Use ShowMiiWads to look at the title ID of the Nintendont wad. Also, BE SURE THAT THE WAD IS FOR THE VWII. A wad meant for the original Wii WILL NOT WORK AND YOU RISK BRICKING THE VWII.

So let me get this straight...

I install the nintendont forwarder on my vWii HBC (being absolutely certain it's for vWii and not OG Wii)...

Then I install ShowMiiWads on vWii HBC (again making certain its the vWii version)...

Use ShowMiiWads to get the wad title ID for the nintendont forwarder that I installed on vWii earlier...

Then create a VC injection that points to the wad title id for nintendont...

Then I should be able to launch into nintendont from Wii U menu with gamepad support?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality