Hacking Nintendont Forwarder for Wii U? (Not vWii)

Nukatha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a nintendont forwarder that does, but it can't be shared as it's against the rules, I believe.
I think I have a forwarder that will do the trick, I just do not understand why I'm getting the sig problem that I am when I try to install it as an icon/channel on the Wii U menu.

Nukatha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try using sign patcher, haxchi, mocha, or cbhc.
In reference to my post on page 2 of this thread (I can't add hyperlinks yet), I load into the WUP installer from the Homebrew Launcher opened from Haxchi, which is installed over a real DS VC game. Unless I am mistaken, that means Haxchi is running. What am I missing?

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. some people have this problem, even with sig patches, and I don't know why. I've never had this issue, but I also use cbhc. I normally play dkc returns via the vwii and usb loader gx or through the wii u and wii vc (injected the title), and it works without a problem, so sig patches are enabled. I also recently installed the latest breath of the wild update, and I had no issues. it was nagging me to update, but I could still play the game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you might have to go default=sysmenu first, but I don't know. going from hbl to wup, if that's what you're doing, may not work otherwise.

Nukatha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well,I appreciate the attempts to help. I tried one more roundabout method.
I generated a WUP that should load into Nintendont (not into a specific GC game, just Nintendont) via TeconMoon's injector (Both TeconMoon's latest version and piratesephiroth's fork). Then, I unpacked it into something that should work in Loadliine using cdecrypt (both version 2 and 4). Loadline just gives me a black screen.
I then realized that I wasn't on the latest version of Haxchi, so updated in the homebrew app store and re-ran the installer.
I repeated the process, instead using my MKDD iso (which I ripped myself), both creating an installable WUP and what should have been a loadliine-compatible folder. No dice, just failure messages on install and black screens from Loadliine.

What exactly do you do willianholtz?

EDIT: Problem solved. I didn't first load cfw, I was going straight into HBL. Gotta hold B! Thanks all!

Last edited by Nukatha,

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but I can explain a bit further. You'll need the following:
  • The Nintendont vWii forwarder found here
  • FIX94's hbl2hbc here
  • hbl2hbc forwarder here
1. Install the Nintendont vWii forwarder using your favorite vWii wad manager.
2. Put hbl2hbc on your SD card with a file named "hbl2hbc.txt" on the root of your SD card.
3. Make sure the text file just contains this one line without quotes: "WWND=Nintendont".
4. Install the hbl2hbc forwarder on your Wii U menu. If you just need hbl2hbc to launch Nintendont you may want to change the meta information after installing to give it a Nintendont icon and description text.

And that will let you launch Nintendont without needing a wiimote since the Wii U sees the forwarder as a Wii U game, not a vWii VC game. Please note, you'll only be able to launch the hbl2hbc forwarder using a CFW like CBHC.

I followed these directions to a T. I can load Nintendont directly from my WiiU main menu but it still says "Wii software cannot be controlled with the Wii U Gamepad".

How do I get the Gamepad working in Nintendont? I thought this forwarder thing was supposed to fix that.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, you need a specific forwarder for gamepad support. it will ask you if you want to use the gamepad beforehand. I have the version you need if you want it.

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed these directions to a T. I can load Nintendont directly from my WiiU main menu but it still says "Wii software cannot be controlled with the Wii U Gamepad".

How do I get the Gamepad working in Nintendont? I thought this forwarder thing was supposed to fix that.

I'll edit my original post, but the way I do it is to have 2 forwarders: "Nintendont" and "Nintendont with Gamepad". "Nintendont with Gamepad" can be created using TeconMoon's WiiVC injector tool and enabling gamepad support. This forwarder with gamepad support has a few issues though, including the USB gamecube controller adapter not working and a Wiimote being required if you don't play using the Gamepad. If that doesn't matter to you, you can leave it with just 1 forwarder. The instructions I wrote are for a "Nintendont" forwarder that doesn't have gamepad support, but gets around the issues of the other forwarder.

Reactions: Hammyface

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll edit my original post, but the way I do it is to have 2 forwarders: "Nintendont" and "Nintendont with Gamepad". "Nintendont with Gamepad" can be created using TeconMoon's WiiVC injector tool and enabling gamepad support. This forwarder with gamepad support has a few issues though, including the USB gamecube controller adapter not working and a Wiimote being required if you don't play using the Gamepad. If that doesn't matter to you, you can leave it with just 1 forwarder. The instructions I wrote are for a "Nintendont" forwarder that doesn't have gamepad support, but gets around the issues of the other forwarder.
Unfortunately I got it to work and it turns out USB hard drives won't work when used as a Wii U channel forwarder. So it completely defeats the purpose for me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Ophelia_Later @ Ophelia_Later: do u like the original donkey kong