Nintendont forces me to play Super Smash Bros Melee no matter what GCN iso I choose

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by doomsayer, Oct 4, 2018.

1. doomsayer
    OP

doomsayer Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2018
    United States
    I have softmodded countless wiis and never ran into any problems. Yesterday I played Melee, and this morning I decided to play Paper Mario TTYD. (All files are in the right place and in the right format) I loaded PM and Smash starts up. Turned the wii off, started it up again and decided to try Viewtiful Joe. Melee... again. I gave it one more go by skipping USBLoader GX (which works perfectly fine itself) and loaded Mario Kart Double Dash directly using Nintendont's loader. Surprise, Melee started up again. Am I missing some setting or something? I have never encountered this problem before, but since I played Melee yesterday, it doesn't matter what GCN I try, it always loads up Melee. Please help because I feel like I should know how to fix this and it is frustrating.

2. sks316

sks316 Meloetta, the Melody Pokémon!

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Unova
    Hmm, I've never seen this issue before...
    Try removing the Melee ISO and see if that changes anything.

3. doomsayer
    OP

doomsayer Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2018
    United States
    Interesting... I will do that now and report back.

4. bennyman123abc
    This message by bennyman123abc has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Oct 4, 2018, Reason: not helpful.
    Oct 4, 2018
  5. doomsayer
    OP

doomsayer Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2018
    United States
    Well, I removed the Melee iso. It seemed that PM TTYD was loading up, and right as Nintendont started the game, Wii immediately turned itself off.

EDIT: Now that I removed the Melee iso, any game loaded through Nintendont shuts off the console

Last edited by doomsayer, Oct 4, 2018
  6. trigao

trigao GBAtemp Tiger

Nov 21, 2008
    Brazil
    try a clean install of nintendont
    that is random as shit ahahahahahah never see something like that

7. doomsayer
    OP

doomsayer Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2018
    United States
    Yeah I have softmodded countless wiis and turned them into emulation stations and have NEVER run across this. First the melee iso took complete control, so I removed it, and now Nintendont just shuts off my wii. It has to be a corruption issue somewhere right? Looks like I will be attempting to clean install Nintendont then. Hopefully that will fix it because this is starting to hurt my brain

8. doomsayer
    OP

doomsayer Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2018
    United States
    Well, a complete uninstall of Nintendont and a new clean install, and letting Nintendont use its own loader somehow has fixed the problem. Thanks for the help!

9. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You could have just deleted the nincfg.bin file. :P It was probably set to autoboot.