Hacking Nintendont can't read my Smash 4 GC adapter for melee

Ultra7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I recently installed homebrew on the virtual wii part of my Wii U. I'm trying to get melee running via nintendont and I'm struggling with probably the last step which is getting the controls and the game actually running.

The program seems to not recognize my adapter and then proceeds to shutdown. I'm entirely unsure of what to do and toggling various settings or replacing the ini file doesn't seem to work. I don't understand what it wants. I found the ini for the official usb to gc controller adapter and dropped it into the SD card but it stills says its not compatible.

As far as I know everything is up to date as I added it all yesterday/today. Can anyone help?

BTW - using a mac to setup all of this. Incase SD/controller.ini is supposed to not be where I think it is i.e simply placing it into the SD card

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
first off remove all usb devices from your wiiu what are you using to run nintendont games? usb/sd?

also take a picture of your nintendont settings.

Ultra7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using a SD card to load nintedont. The only USB device im using is the GC adapter for smash.
Settings:
IMG_0518.JPG

Error:
IMG_0519.JPG

Ferrox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's a really old version of Nintendont which probably doesn't have support for the adapter. Try updating it to a newer version.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm using a SD card to load nintedont. The only USB device im using is the GC adapter for smash.
Settings:
View attachment 60348

Error:
View attachment 60349
that version is like 2 years old lol get the latest nintendont version 422 also debug option should be OFF

you can get the latest nintendont dol here

https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/raw/1ac0fdf55fae3f21cc7c49c5b9fb42fb55235958/loader/loader.dol

rename it to boot.dol and replace it on your nintendont folder, hid option is now gone and its set automaticaly no need for controller inis.

Last edited by pedro702,

Ultra7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It works!!! I guess the smash thread is old. Thank you so much! .....and wow melee is so hard lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1