Hacking Nintendont 480p not working over component.

jwitz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have an official Wii component cable which I use with Wii games and GC through Nintendont. Wii games display on 480p fine, but with Nintendont it ends up 480i. For example Smash Melee PAL version gives the option to display in 60hz, but ends up being 480i.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks

Dork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PAL GameCube games don't officially support progressive scan like NTSC games, it only gives you the option to change refresh rates. However since you are using Nintendont you can force progressive scan on european games.

Within Nintendont, go into the settings menu and turn on the "Force Progressive" option. This feature also exists in loaders like USB Loader GX.

Reactions: osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an official Wii component cable which I use with Wii games and GC through Nintendont. Wii games display on 480p fine, but with Nintendont it ends up 480i. For example Smash Melee PAL version gives the option to display in 60hz, but ends up being 480i.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks
the pal version doesn't have progressive scan for some reason. get a different region, and just keep the B button held down before the game boots up. Or force it, but really, get the NTSC version if you can.

edit: ninjaed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?