Nintendogs Blamed for Child Mauling

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Dear Daily Fail and your readers,

STFU%20Alt.jpg

Seriously, don't you have anything better to do with the tiny fragment of time you call your life than bitch and moan about things you know nothing about just to rile up people too lazy to form their own opinions in order to sell papers? People like the Daily Fail editors are holding humanity back and to me represent the very lowest of the cultural lows. They don't care for anything aside from selling papers by any means necessary. I'm not saying the other papers are immune to this, but could you honestly see The Times or the Guardian stooping to such lows just for a few extra sales? I think Russel Howard sums it up best right here...

Also, 'the dog was later destroyed'? The hell? As in totally destroyed? What, did they shoop da woop it or something? They get Doctor Octogonapus on the case? If they'd have said it was put to sleep I'd have said no more about it but to obliterate it entirely seems a bit harsh...

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The dog was destroyed.

The DOG was destroyed.

The DOG was DESTROYED.

THE DOG WAS DESTROYED

So we can assume these people abuse dogs and kill them inhumanly?

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's the UK, what did you expect? The RSPCA has as much authority as a bag of peanuts.

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
Also, 'the dog was later destroyed'? The hell? As in totally destroyed? What, did they shoop da woop it or something? They get Doctor Octogonapus on the case? If they'd have said it was put to sleep I'd have said no more about it but to obliterate it entirely seems a bit harsh...

As has been said in this thread already (and being from the UK I'm surprised you don't know this alread) 'destroyed' is the widely-used term for saying a dangerous animal (e.g. dog) has been put down.

Destroyed, put down, put to sleep...all means the same thing.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
'Destroyed' is used when the law demands an animal be killed, e.g. a dangerous dog or a herd of diseased cattle.

'Put down/put to sleep' is used when an animals owner chooses to have the animal killed because the animal is seriously ill/injured or just too old to have any quality of life.

'Slaughtered' is used when an animal is killed for food.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ritsuki said:
Veho said:
plasma dragon007 said:
Ritsuki said:
It's just like the kid who mistook a gun with a Wiimote accessory. Man, who leaves a gun, charged, with no security on a table ?
Wait... wha...??? o.o youve gotta be kidding me...
My thoughts exactly
blink.gif

I want to know, but on the other hand, I don't want to know.
wtf.gif

Is the kid okay?

Unfortunately, she's dead. She was 3 years old. But it's an old news, I think someone posted it here. And the worst thing in this case : no charges retained on the parents -_-
Yeah, I read it here too; I thought Veho might already have known about it.
unsure.gif

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every newsroom recently said:
Ok, there are drug dealers, murderers, thieves, and god damn chicken nuggets are made out of fucking pink paste that consists of ground up chickens. Onto the real issues: Virtual pets. Are they causing dogs to bite people?

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
People don't seem to get it. If a dog attacks a person in most countries, the dog is legally considered dangerous and must (by law) be put down.
I don't think that anybody was blaming the dog, it's just the law.

sirdashadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cris92x said:
Gore said:
purplesludge said:
If it was a violent dog it should be put down but if someone hits a dog and it attacks it shouldn't be put down.
Yeah, no, this dog bit a nine-year-old girl's lip off, I don't really care if she kicked it honestly the dog needed to be put down after that.
Uhh no ... she kicked a dog... If i kick you what happens? hmm, your first reaction will be try and get back at me, now if i were a nine year old you wouldnt hit maybe. A dog is different its an animal it relies on instinct the second you harm an animal their instinct turns to aggression. The blame here is, first of all to the parents who were not supervising the girls when they have a rather uneducated dog as their pet and a naturally aggressive one at that.

This. Also I saw the type of dog and i knew they are no inheritly bad. From Wikipedia:

"A Bullmastiff should be confident, yet docile. A Bullmastiff is courageous, extremely loyal to its family, calm, and loving. Bullmastiffs become intensely attached to their families."

It's all in the upbringing of the dog. I have 4 dogs, a 100 pound dalmatian, a 40 pound pitbull/boxer mix, a 10 pound cock-a-poo and a 10 pound cock-a-poo/pomeranian mix. Out of all 4, the only one I wouldn't keep around a kid is the cock-a-poo because she WILL bite no matter what. The other dogs' tempers are to a point where a kid CAN abuse of them but they wont retaliate. Of course you NEVER EVER leave a kid unsupervised with an animal around the house.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Blaze163 said:
Dear Daily Fail and your readers,

STFU%20Alt.jpg

Seriously, don't you have anything better to do with the tiny fragment of time you call your life than bitch and moan about things you know nothing about just to rile up people too lazy to form their own opinions in order to sell papers? People like the Daily Fail editors are holding humanity back and to me represent the very lowest of the cultural lows. They don't care for anything aside from selling papers by any means necessary. I'm not saying the other papers are immune to this, but could you honestly see The Times or the Guardian stooping to such lows just for a few extra sales? I think Russel Howard sums it up best right here...

This may just be because i'm drunk, but the Dr. Octagonapus reference was just enough to make me almost piss myself laughing.

Mylar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
This is actual pretty serious and your all making jokes.
The dog should not have been destroyed for three reasons:
1.If it was the sound from the ds than the dog was provoked
2.If it was the kick from the girl it was provoke wouldn't you retaliate if you where attacked?
3.The girl was left unsupervised with the dog, you should never do this with any animal

Provocation does not matter. A child should be able to walk up to a properly trained dog and slap the crap out of it. The dog should simply take it, walk away, or look to it's owner for protection.

The dog attacked a human without acting on a direct command to do so. Unfair as it may seem, the animal needed to die.
Is it the dog's fault? No not really. This is a training issue. Sadly, a badly trained (or untrained) dog is a danger and that is the solution.

Our family has always had German Shephards. The children could do ANYTHING to the animals without retaliation. My parents always tell the story about how my brother (when he was like 3 or 4) injured their dog at the time by bouncing on her rib cage in hard-sole shoes. She lay there and took it, My mother heard her whining and ran to save her. THAT is the reaction that the animal should have towards humans. That same pet of ours ripped the throat out of a strange dog that had gotten in the yard and was threatening my brother and sister... She had herself between the other animal and the kids, protecting them, and >at my father's command< she went in for the kill.

When someone has a dog attack anyone for any reason (when it is not working on command) that animal needs to be destroyed, and any other animals they own should be evaluated for stability and either destroyed or rehomed depending on if they are salvageable. An injunction should then be issued disallowing them from ever owning a living pet again.

The solution to this is to put some actual weight behind the process of licensing an animal. At the moment it is pretty much just a matter of income source and making sure you get the animal their shots. IMO there should be required compentency tests and proper training mandatory to get an animal permit.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DiscostewSM said:
The blame is on the owners of the dog, but because of their negligence, it acted on instinct, and was therefore considered dangerous to be kept alive. Bullmastiffs have been known to "make their own decision" when not properly trained, but if they were trained, they will "look to its owner for 'permission' to act on its instincts."

Barking from a game, barking from outside, kid kicking, it doesn't matter. The dog "took matters into it's own paws", and let instinct carry out the order.

Right, basically the dog should come with a warning, not the DS game.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
some people are stupid >.>
some aren't
i knew that nintendogs is a casual problem for the dogs behavior already when i bought it.
so for people not to know that is quite disturbing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol