Nintendo World Championship 2015

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sakitoshi, May 13, 2015.

1. Sakitoshi
    OP

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    Received a mail of that from Nintendo:
    [​IMG]
    Thoughts??

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Thoughts. Did the same executive's kid that did the smash brothers video the other year do their artwork for this one?

More seriously meh, never been one for competitive anything really. Though Nintendo as competitive company would be second only to Nintendo going software and peripherals in terms of things I would want to see them do.

3. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    If you're referring to an emblem, it's a reference to the World Championships that they hosted in the 90s

4. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England

Sakitoshi likes this.
  5. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I have no idea why I'm not getting these Nintendo e-mails... I thought I opted into getting them .-.

I kinda wanna see what's happening this year. Imagine going and representing someone because you gamed with Nintendo for all these years!

6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    wouldn't it be fun to have people compete on rad racer and tetris again? but this time, everyone needs to wear a powerglove

VinsCool and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  7. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    If you have Gmail, check your Promotions tab

8. Sakitoshi
    OP

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    this could explain why they are making Splatoon commercials with 90's vibes. they want bring back the 90's, the decade when they dominated the gaming market.
    bring back the world championships will fix everything and crown them winners again right??

VinsCool, TotalInsanity4 and Foxi4 like this.
  9. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    With Nintendo gotten all soft and 'everyone's a winner' I doubt the games will be challenging, if anything more around luck.. unless it's Mario Kart 8 200cc but this isn't too hard once you learn how to break at time.

Also, you gotta have Fred Savage!

[​IMG]

10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Dying gasps of a company fresh out of ideas. To be fair though, I think the concept is cool and if Nintendo wants to be the same as they were in the 90'ties, all the power to them - maybe that'll mean systems that aren't obsolete day 1 in the future.

gamefan5 and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  11. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    But Nintendo was all about inferior hardware at a cheaper price while relying on superior software even in the 90s...

12. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    shock, shock, shock Nintendo stuck in the 90's....

in other news, this online gaming thing might catch on.

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  13. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Lol, is that what they want you to think? That may have been the policy with the Game Boy, but the NES, SNES, N64 and GC were all cutting edge for their time. The lazy and backwards consoles trend started with the Wii.

gamefan5, Sakitoshi and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  14. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Really the only one that was "ahead of it's time" in all of Ninty's history, the rest were underpowered either due to dumb reasons or cost efficiency

15. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Maybe you should compare NES games to games on 8-bit computers like the C64 or SNES games on 16-bit computers like the Amiga, don't forget to compare the prices too since a computer setup at that time was ultra expensive. All Nintendo systems prior to the Wii were either cutting edge or a good deal for the price.

WiiCube_2013 and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  16. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Well but that's what I'm trying to get at. The ones that were sub industry standard are without exception made for budget consumers, and despite lack of hardware superiority the only console that's come out so far that was at a real disadvantage purely from hardware was the Wii, even the Wii U has specs that are good enough to run all games the 360 could run and that's good enough for most people

17. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

But, but, the Genesis had Blast Processing (tm), so it was clearly faster than the Snes ;O; ;) In all seriously, yes, Nintendo did have a lot of power in their older consoles, Gamecube was well matched with the Xbox in terms of raw power, but raw power didn't help with sales any.

18. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
  19. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I speak of the devil and now here he is. :-P

If only he could vo back to being a kid again but this is real life so no... :'(

20. Sakitoshi
    OP

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    That is false. the first generation when Nintendo participated(third generation of home consoles), the NES was underpowered compared to the Sega Master System, you could notice just by looking at the amount of simultaneous colors the console can show.
    The problem at the time was that the SMS moved to few units, something around the 18-19 million units versus the ~62 millions the Famicom/NES moved.
    During the seventh generation the Wii sold like hotcakes and guess where the most games were released, wasn't until the PS360 catched up that developers faded(and some still release successful games on Wii, Just Dance is the prime example).

But we can't compare the situation I described above. why??
    While the SMS was clearly superior the NES was still good enough to make appealing games and had much more units sold so developers just jumped blindly in the NES bandwagon.
    In the Wii example, the difference in capabilities between them were way too much, developers obviously wanted to tap the power of the PS360, but the sales figures were in favor of Nintendo, so developers released content for both until the PS360 sales were good enough to ensure a revenue and slowly abandoned the Wii.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.