Hardware Nintendo won't replace the display of your Switch if it has dead pixels..

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
..because Nintendo doesn't see them as a fault. From the Q&A:

There are black or bright dots on the Nintendo Switch screen that do not go away, or there are dark or light patches on the screen.

Small numbers of stuck or dead pixels are a characteristic of LCD screens. These are normal and should not be considered a defect.

:arrow: Source, via

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are you really shocked? They gave us region free. From there they have to be complete dicks to remind us that this is still their system and we are all trash pirates wanting to upload their footage to the youtubes.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Are you really shocked? They gave us region free. From there they have to be complete dicks to remind us that this is still their system and we are all trash pirates wanting to upload their footage to the youtubes.
That makes absolutely no sense to the topic at hand.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They'll replace it if it's a decent amount. If it's like three dead pixels then no. They had the exact same policy with DS/3DS, and it's understandable. There's always the option of a retail return/exchange for a small number of dead pixels. For what it's worth: I haven't heard of any units out of the box having dead pixels yet, save for some people who posted pictures of what was clearly drop damage.

Last edited by Xzi,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That makes absolutely no sense to the topic at hand.
Basically I am saying Nintendo gave us one nice thing, but from there just seem to be going out of their way to be rather dickish with the system.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
From what I read they do replace it, it just depends on the amount of dead pixels (Which no one knows how much is...).

Regarding DS policy I read in the same article that they apparently vowed in 2004 to replace ds'es with dead pixels.

Source: Here

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isnt anything new. Alot of people do this.
Dead pixel have to be alot for them to simply replace it.
It happen with the vita, psp, cellphones etc...
Most companies will not replace 1 device because it has 3 dead pixels.
Yes it sucks ass bad, but thats just how its been. They have like a minimum number and then after that they still normally try to blame someone for it and will charge you to replace it.

I had a psp that had a pink dot in the lower corner. never went away but didnt effect play at all.

If you cant live with it. Take it back to the store you got it from and exchange it. (lol like your find one right now but yea if you do you can) Most store will see it as a defect if its bad enough and exchange it for a new one.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

To be honest, I'm not too fussed about it. I got it for below the retail price and plan on using it as a home console only. :)

lmao. What the hell. How is it not a defect?
Can you play the game? Can you see the screen? If the answer is yes, then it's not defective. - Nintendo :P

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
From what I read they do replace it, it just depends on the amount of dead pixels (Which no one knows how much is...).

Regarding DS policy I read in the same article that they apparently vowed in 2004 to replace ds'es with dead pixels.

Source: Here
Yea, that's the source I quoted. I think Nintendo sees dead pixels on the DS as a defect because the DS hardly has any pixels.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not surprised. Many many companies does this.
LG does that for their cellphones for example.
The number of dead pixels have to be considerable. It is how LCD screens always have been.

pivix

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think in Europe it wont be a problem, you could return bought product to the shop in 14 days after purchase without giving any reason :) idk how it looks in the US.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yea, that's the source I quoted. I think Nintendo sees dead pixels on the DS as a defect because the DS hardly has any pixels.
Didn't realise you quoted the same source :rofl2:. I guess this shows how two people can interpret things differently. Anyways it would be nice to know how much is actually needed to get a replacement, even if I hope no one gets dead pixels.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I doubt they can get away with that policy in Europe where warranty rules are a lot more strict then in other parts of the world. Know for a fact that every electronic device gets a minimum of 2 years warranty here when in other countries it's only 1 year. Sony tried to fight that policy a couple of years back in the PS3 era and tried to change it like the US policy but failed miserably. I could be wrong tho but i'm not sure about that since warranty rules are super strict here defending the consumer more then the company itself and that's how it should be.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad I don't have any stuck pixels. But I mean if you do, just go back to the store you bought your Switch at and exchange it for another if it really bothers you. Nintendo may not replace your unit, but its very easy for you yourself to replace it.

Reactions: thorasgar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off...