1. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Czech Republic
    Most people wouldn't mind it, if ninty still sold the games so that you can actually get them.

2. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Greece
    How did they even come up with the 12 million? I mean, put together all of the AVAILABLE titles by Nintendo currently on WiiU/3DS/Switch and I HIGHLY doubt the sales are anywhere close to that. You can't sue for damages when you aren't even losing money from it, at least you shouldn't be able to... Either sell the darn games yourself already properly instead of only selling like 100 of the THOUSANDS you got or let people be!

And what do they even gain by ruining someone's life by getting them so deep in debt even their grandchildren won't be able to pay it off? They think they are gonna "scare" the million other ROM sites somehow?

3. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    This news may lead to more rom sites closing down and making it harder for end user to find retro games. I believe its the boom of mini consoles & retro gaming that has lead to this. Like emuparadise was online for over 12 years before suddenly shutting down. But still these roms are nintendos or contents owners ip and they have all the rite in the eyes of the law.

Bill_bill likes this.
  4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    This kind of bullshit makes me glad I download ROMs all the time. Boo hoo, get over it, Nintendo.

5. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde Let us start the game
    Banned

France
    Torrents

Nightwish and Ty_ like this.
  6. Kubas_inko

Czech Republic
    Seriously tho. Ninty, close any site you want, but give us a fucking way of getting the games then!!!

7. tiamat999

tiamat999 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Really how about selling those old games again in a good easy way for me to buy em.
    Id love to buy super mario collection but hey

Bill_bill, Ty_ and Subtle Demise like this.
  8. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Torrents die if not seeded for a long time. NZB is the way to go no matter how old the file is you can always grab it depending of your retention. On the subject of buying older games. They are now classed as antiques and prices have gone up. how can average gamer play these older games when they are no longer made, expensive in physical form. Did the judge think about that. Take little samson on nes or snatcher on sega cd they are expensive in physical form.

Last edited by proffk, Nov 12, 2018
  9. the_randomizer

United States
    It's not so much that as it is their stupid-ass refusal to put more games on a digital storefront, locking games or simply never allowing people to buy them. No wonder people pirate. I can't
    stand it when people act like Nintendo is a victim, when they have lost very little, if any revenue from old games being pirated.

Bill_bill, DarthDub, bbybunny and 4 others like this.
  10. DarkCoffe64

Italy
    I think with a debt like that, don't even effing bother.
    Unless you're a super ultra billionare, there's no way you'll ever be able to pay it.
    Sooo... *shrug*
    Fuck ya Nintendo, I hope ya go under soon

Subtle Demise likes this.
  11. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Not sure what the law is over there, but can't they file for bankruptcy and not pay a cent? But $12mil, that is a fare amount of spare change, funny how Nintendo lawyers who think a simple family couple can afford to cough up that much of $$$.

Bill_bill and Mylink5 like this.
  12. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"

Greece
    Why can't Ninty just do what Sony did with PSx games on PSP? Basically have almost every single game available for you to just buy! The 3DS for example already has the software to run VC games regardless of what they are (proven by how you can literally inject any game you want into it), so why couldn't they just offer it on the eshop normally instead of HEAVILY limiting what games one can get? And if they did this along with simply making the pricing decent instead of 5€ for a 30 year old game, they'd actually make a TON more money compared to just going after ROM sites...

13. the_randomizer

United States
    Nintendo: "But muh intellectual properties! :cry:"

To hell with them for only giving Switch users boring AF NES games and nothing else. I'm glad to have an SD2SNES.:creep:

14. omegasoul6

omegasoul6 ಠ_ಠ

Canada
    I get that and all, Nintendo definitely needs to figure out a better way of distributing their retro games. But regardless it's still not Jacob Mathias & LoveROMS/LoveRETRO's property to distribute, he should've known Nintendo would've came after him from the very beginning.
    A company has an obligation to protect their copyrighted/trademarked content, it sucks for the guy, but I can't be bothered to feel bad for him when he should've already known the consequences.

Stealphie, rickwj324, nccom and 3 others like this.
  15. the_randomizer

United States
    And how the actual hell do they expect him to pay the lawsuit? No one has twelve million dollars, and ruining someone's life financially over old games Nintendo won't distribute isn't going to fix a damn thing. I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad for Nintendo at all.

16. Kubas_inko

Czech Republic
    "Being on Ninty side."
    I can't take you seriously then.

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Nov 12, 2018
    Ty_ and omegasoul6 like this.
  17. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Permission to give obligatory "Feels Bad man" please? :blink:

18. omegasoul6

omegasoul6 ಠ_ಠ

Canada
    Again, he should've thought about that before he distributed another company's property, it's common sense.
    I don't feel bad for either party to be honest.

rickwj324, nccom, SolidMario7 and 2 others like this.
  19. Lazyboss

Lazyboss GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Arab Emirates
    Becareful my friend, they may put a case on you for not buying their shit and damage their business.
    People get sued for anything those days.

ac2pic, Bill_bill, Vorde and 3 others like this.
  20. the_randomizer

United States
    Even so, he could have at least used a fake ID or gave more anonymity using a VPN, proxy, etc, if he's gonna do it at all. ROMs could be argued as a means of preserving games otherwise unavailable.

They can take that 12 million and stuff it up where the sun don't shine.

SolidMario7 and Tri-Z like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, ordered, million