Nintendo Will Trade Your Older Switch For The New Revision If Bought After 17/07/2019

Have you purchased a previous revision Switch, after July 17th?

• I bought the new version after this date.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I bought a Switch long before this.

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • I do not own a Nintendo Switch.

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Nintendo has been reported to replace your old revision Switch for the new updated model with better battery life, absolutely free, granted that it was purchased after July 17th of this year. This is not a big window of opportunity, but for those who did purchase a Switch during this timeframe will be happy to know that they can get a replacement. So far this has only been reported to be true for the US.

Here's a video by the YouTube channel GameXplain for more information, Andre contacted Nintendo to verify this.

:arrow:Source (Reddit)

UPDATE: Nintendo denies all claims of such an exchange programme and said that they will not exchange your older Switch for the updated model.

Last edited by Jiehfeng,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
the real smart move would be nintendo saying "replace all Switches"...

then it would come down to hacks or dem battery life.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I remember reading about the exploit but out of curiosity how do you know if your Switch is hackable?

https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

You enter the serial number there and it says if it's patched, these patched units came out around in 2018 iirc, all new Switch units don't work with the public hacks as it uses a hardware exploit the new Switches have patched.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Maybe it's just not an official program, but just something customer service was told to do by someone higher up and that message wasn't spread within Nintendo. As more people probably went on to exchange, they denied it.
You should probably still update your post, though, to include that.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe it's just not an official program, but just something customer service was told to do by someone higher up and that message wasn't spread within Nintendo. As more people probably went on to exchange, they denied it.
It's not uncommon to do that for individual customers if they're persistent enough, it's called "conflict resolution". It's easier for the company to just placate a single customer than to endure constant badgering, they have a budget for that.

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
It's not uncommon to do that for individual customers if they're persistent enough, it's called "conflict resolution". It's easier for the company to just placate a single customer than to endure constant badgering, they have a budget for that.

That's exactly what I meant. :)

You should probably still update your post, though, to include that.

Well it isn't front paged and there's a separate news post about how Nintendo denied it, but sure, I'll do that now.

Reactions: smileyhead

Humanity

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Usually if a customer goes overboard with badgering, the company will just ignore them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Usually if a customer goes overboard with badgering, the company will just ignore them.
A company is a group of people. Giving the customer what they want and ensuring that they continue to buy goods and services is a superior resolution than having to deal with a formal complaint to your immediate superior. Often times it's not worth the headache for a middle management person handling a customer service team, they'll placate the customer more often than not to get them out of their hair. Persistence is key.

Humanity

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
A company is a group of people. Giving the customer what they want and ensuring that they continue to buy goods and services is a superior resolution than having to deal with a formal complaint to your immediate superior. Often times it's not worth the headache for a middle management person handling a customer service team, they'll placate the customer more often than not to get them out of their hair. Persistence is key.
Well, tell that to Lenovo who I was badgering persistently over the past 2 weeks.

You are wrong. It does not always work.

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
The other peep inferred it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls