Nintendo will reveal the next Smash Bros. character at The Game Awards tonight

17E4B1EC-1C4F-4417-A0B3-1ACFC01C9420.jpeg

If you didn’t have a reason to watch The Game Awards today, Nintendo might have just given you one. The next character to be added to the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster through the Fighters Pass volume 2 will be revealed tonight, during the show. If you want to watch the reveal live, then tune into The Game Awards, which kick off at 4pm PT.

:arrow: Source

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay what is the age demographic on this site? I mean fortnite is far from my first choice but you guys are acting like it's some sort of virus destroying the whole concept of video games. Y'all did the same thing with Minecraft

Deleted member 397813

Global Dingus
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay what is the age demographic on this site? I mean fortnite is far from my first choice but you guys are acting like it's some sort of virus destroying the whole concept of video games. Y'all did the same thing with Minecraft
its called the smash community lol

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends on where you fall...I was fine with minecraft but draw the line at fortnite personally

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long its not another pixel-block-like character, but its Nintendo after all we might get trolled with paper Mario and ppl will find a way to approve it.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God this game isnt dead after all the drama in that scene. Kids play the dumbest things now and days. I gave smash about a day of my time after that bored as fuck games a hot steamy pile of monkey dung.

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh after Steve was revealed it feels like there are no rules as to who could come
It's not like as if there will absolutely be no rules for that. The most significant one still in play is:
  • :arrow:The character has to be from a video game franchise.
That means that we should never expect to see characters that originate from books, movies, TV shows, any non-interactive cartoon or anime, or music videos. I always wait until a character or franchise is officially announced by Nintendo, as they (and anyone else affiliated with them) are the only entity that can make changes to the official Smash Bros. roster. This doesn't have to open if Smash Ultimate was free/open-source software, as forks/mods/remixes can then contain any characters, even if they're not from a video game franchise.

(or maybe I didn't get the joke(s)?):mellow:

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
It's not like as if there will absolutely be no rules for that. The most significant one still in play is:
  • :arrow:The character has to be from a video game franchise.
That means that we should never expect to see characters that originate from books, movies, TV shows, any non-interactive cartoon or anime, or music videos. I always wait until a character or franchise is officially announced by Nintendo, as they (and anyone else affiliated with them) are the only entity that can make changes to the official Smash Bros. roster. This doesn't have to open if Smash Ultimate was free/open-source software, as forks/mods/remixes can then contain any characters, even if they're not from a video game franchise.

(or maybe I didn't get the joke(s)?):mellow:
Well I was exaggerating a little

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd personally love to see Rex w/Pyra and Mythra, or KOS-MOS.

But I'm fully expecting Sora or Crash Bandicoot. I'd personally be underwhelmed by the former, and super excited for the latter.

Edit
I still think Rillaboom is going to make it in this season, too.

Last edited by Windaga,

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I cant wait!
d18172e-d4a79918-b629-4761-a8c1-dcd13c239aa4.png

My DLC BINGO....

unknown.png

Red= Wrong prediction (I voted for Twintelle)
Green
= Right prediction
Yellow= It has to be the franchise but I don't know if it's the right character

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this mean you're guessing Shanti? :P
The announcement didn't mention any character or franchise in particular, so I'm just waiting until the official reveal to find out more. Only that another fighter + associated things would be revealed.
I don't like it but it's gonna be a Fortnite character.
I don't make any guesses on what franchise will appear. When whatever is officially revealed, I just go along with them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?