Gaming Nintendo will continue making videogames for WiiU?

Anikemi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Do u think nintendo will continue making video games for the WiiU?
Wiiu has passed without a animal crossing edition, and nintendo usually launch a version of this game for every console they have.
what do you think? be possible to launch it for both platforms, Wiiu and switch?

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the wiiu as now being dead. It's a great console don't get me wrong but in terms of new games nope, I don't see it happening. The latest update to try and kill cfw (5.5.2) didn't work too well and also with the switch being out I'd think that is their biggest focus is getting more developers on board with their new console/portable hybrid. The most you may see is just like the Wii and that is "just dance" titles as I've heard those are a still being sold more on OG wii than any console. So it may eventually fade towards wiiu. But again nothing new will come to this system in my opinion.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the wiiu as now being dead. It's a great console don't get me wrong but in terms of new games nope, I don't see it happening. The latest update to try and kill cfw (5.5.2) didn't work too well and also with the switch being out I'd think that is their biggest focus is getting more developers on board with their new console/portable hybrid. The most you may see is just like the Wii and that is "just dance" titles as I've heard those are a still being sold more on OG wii than any console. So it may eventually fade towards wiiu. But again nothing new will come to this system in my opinion.
The focus behind the latest update was to allow error codes for miiverse to be taken down

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
No, the Wii U is done and dead. As someone here already mentioned, Breath of the Wild was Nintendo's last game for the system. Besides, it'd make no sense for them to release things on the Wii U with the Switch taking off like it is. It's also not like the Wii or the Xbox 360, where it may make sense to keep releasing games on it for a while given its large install base. The Wii U's install base is puny compared to other systems.

I wonder how much longer the 3DS/WiiU servers will stay up.
Hopefully for at least a few more years. After a while, it may make sense to shut those servers down, but for now, I bet there's still plenty of people playing games like Mario Kart or Smash with each other on there.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The chances that Nintendo develops an all new game for the Wii U are as big as backporting a Switch game to the Wii U (Now i'm sad i missed the best/worse thread of 2017)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait till clone wii u comes out. Those reproduction systems lol, retron X, plays ps3, xbox 360 and wii u games as well as ps2/ps1, original xbox and wii/GC. :P

The wii u could have been good if they marketed it properly and had the development support for game titles it needed but oh well. Get a switch and start collecting the porting list to the system like all of the "NINTENDO SELECTS" :ninja:

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder how much longer the 3DS/WiiU servers will stay up.
I wouldnt say WiiU will be up much longer really. Any additional day is a blessing.
As for the 3ds, I can see them being up for quite some time since theres still a lot of people playing. At least judging from Pokemon S/M

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldnt say WiiU will be up much longer really. Any additional day is a blessing.
As for the 3ds, I can see them being up for quite some time since theres still a lot of people playing. At least judging from Pokemon S/M

Except the 3DS and WiiU both use the same server setup, more or less. There is no point in shutting one down without shutting them both down.

Reactions: DrkBeam

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a dead console now, the only recent release was the dlc for BOTW which they continued to support because it released on both consoles originally. But it's a great console and I still have a great little handful of games to get through.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do u think nintendo will continue making video games for the WiiU?
Wiiu has passed without a animal crossing edition, and nintendo usually launch a version of this game for every console they have.
what do you think? be possible to launch it for both platforms, Wiiu and switch?

No, BOTW was the last one. Move on. Buy Nintendo Switch, ok ? Give them a support. Wii U is already dead and rare game perhaps into 2018. FORGET WII U. They are focus on Nintendo Switch and 3DS now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: