Nintendo Wii U: New Nintendo Patent Adds

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
As far as a drawing pad is concerned, uDraw, anyone? [...] FAR better shape for this particular use.
True, but it costs $69, and this new peripheral shouldn't cost more than $10 (it might, but it really shouldn't :ha: ). I think it's for the other players in multiplayer, while the "main" player has the WiiU tablet (if this is for the WiiU), or the uDraw (if it's for the Wii). It would be cheaper than buying four uDraw tablets.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as a drawing pad is concerned, uDraw, anyone? [...] FAR better shape for this particular use.
True, but it costs $69, and this new peripheral shouldn't cost more than $10 (it might, but it really shouldn't :ha: ). I think it's for the other players in multiplayer, while the "main" player has the WiiU tablet (if this is for the WiiU), or the uDraw (if it's for the Wii). It would be cheaper than buying four uDraw tablets.

I'll be honest with you - as a gamer, I prefere Quality over Quantity. I'd rather have 2 WiiU Pads than 1 Pad and 3 "weird abominations of add-ons". ^^;

Reactions: 1 person

JonnyPoots

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that's... incredibly pointless.

Infrared sensors work perfectly fine as the mouse controllers, why improve on something that doesn't need improvement?

As far as a drawing pad is concerned, uDraw, anyone?

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=P2oPhGiRhGU[/media]

FAR better shape for this particular use.

The uDraw is only for THQ games, and at that they are all childrens games. Not only that but it is being used mostly for (not to say it hasn't innovative) kid movie and tv show based games. I see the uDraw as something THQ could have developed for any or all systems but Wii vied for it to insure they had more games from a lead developer. Not to say that i have looked up any info on the how and why the uDraw was ever created. I see this touchpad as having a lot more functionality than just drawing plus it can be used by all developers.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Now that's... incredibly pointless.

Infrared sensors work perfectly fine as the mouse controllers, why improve on something that doesn't need improvement?

As far as a drawing pad is concerned, uDraw, anyone?

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=P2oPhGiRhGU[/media]

FAR better shape for this particular use.

The uDraw is only for THQ games, and at that they are all childrens games. Not only that but it is being used mostly for (not to say it hasn't innovative) kid movie and tv show based games. I see the uDraw as something THQ could have developed for any or all systems but Wii vied for it to insure they had more games from a lead developer. Not to say that i have looked up any info on the how and why the uDraw was ever created. I see this touchpad as having a lot more functionality than just drawing plus it can be used by all developers.

I'm not talking about using the uDraw itself, I'm talking about the general design. Touchpads are supposed to be flat surfaces, not periscopes. Perhaps my post wasn't clear enough, errata.

EDIT: I just realized something... Isn't the Wiimote on the "Recieving End" of the IR ray? The "Sensor Bar" is the one that contains the IR emitters, so how exactly is the Wii remote sending out any IR rays? Unless it's the amplifier that does it, the WiiMote recieves the reflection and sends the result to the Wii wirelessly?

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Simple people, look at the touch pad part, it has a stylus, its for playing DS games on your Wii. Since the official controller for the Wii U was announced, there is no need for an attachment for the original ones as apparently one WiiU controller is enought...

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't really judge it off of this.

My draw where I keep my Wii accessories is filled... Wii Zapper, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, two Wii Motion +'s, and I had a Wii Wheel but got rid of it. There might be more in there. Who knows?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0