Nintendo Wii System question?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by NDSlinker, Mar 16, 2008.

1. NDSlinker
    OP

NDSlinker Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Hi, I have a Nintendo Wii that I have hardly used at all and am planning to sell it. The question is though, I have heard that the Wii is still in high demand and are out of stock in stores unless you buy that whole bundled package. I have someone who would want to buy the system for $200 USD but still am not sure if it is worth it? If not, what would be a better price for the system. It already includes everything in the starting kit such as wii sports, etc . Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. MystikEkoez

MystikEkoez GBAtemp Fan

Sep 5, 2006
    United States
    Georgia
    If you're really selling it, I would recommend attempting to sell it on eBay first. People will buy it regardless of it being used or new, so you might be able to sell it for $250 or more.

3. TanookiSuit

TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    The Wii right now is still in very high demand and exists with varying shortages. Unless someone in many places wants to wait for a store to open, then stand around for a pallet to get undone on the floor getting a Wii won't be easy.

If someone is offering you $200 for a used wii that's still complete and in top shape you're being suckered. Just watching the scumbags overprice stuff on Craigslist alone tells me reasonably speaking a Wii complete in box you could get a good $50 mark-up on as those tend to move while the greedy jackholes wanting like $350-400+ just keep posting and never move a thing. I'd at least demand what you paid for it.

4. Awdofgum

Awdofgum Wadofgum

Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    You know, people say that it is in high demand, but around here, i see Wiis in stock everywhere, when i bought my Wii, about 5-6 months ago, i had to go to several stores to find one in stock, but now there are Wiis in stock everywhere, at least around mii

edit: lol i didn't mean to spell mii

5. SavageWaffle

SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Well good luck selling it. I was about to sell my Wii and save money for a 360. But now, im saving money for a 360 and play my Wii in that progress. Think it over a few times.

6. ben_r_

ben_r_ GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2007
    United States
    California
    No way man, $200 is way too little. On ebay used with a game or two and a few accessories they can get from $400 to $500. I say take no less than $350.