Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.prizerebel.com
XP
Country
Canada
What is there to diss about the PS3?

The Wii is lagging behind in graphics and hardware, although I don't listen to music and watch movies on my Wii. I have a Nano for music and a DVD player for movies. The Wii games are one of a kind though and IMO, the most fun.

Yes 360 has some problems (RROD, Cooling) but the 360's games are dope. Some are for more the hardcore gamers (the ones that play video games all day every day) like Morrowind(?) and freaky hard games like Ninja Gaiden, but Halo and SKATE is really fun.

The only thing I can say about the PS3 would be that their own games (Rachet and Clank(?), and that other one) are kinda boring. They do have God of War and Heavenly Sword, but Halo 3 beats all their FPSs.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love my Wii, but I can kinda see how he can call it a 'fad' (Though, I don't agree). The abundance of below average party games is the fault of that.

People seem to forget that Wii also has some games for hardcore gamers and it'll obviously only get better.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States

It's overpriced and has an unnecessary Bluray player.

Guys, don't turn this into a flame war please.
lecture.gif

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the dude said that the PS3 has a six axes controller. Holy crap! I would love a controller with six axes instead of six axis. Also, the dude kept going on about how $ony is going to be bringing us games that are just like the Wii. Uh, ok, and then how does that not make the Wii better since they did it first and have the experience and developers? I think someone was just grumpy they didn't get a Wii for Christmas.

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

-The Ps3 game library is terrible
-Its over priced
-Its too big
-Its too heavy
-The plastic used in its shell attracts dust more than other consoles
-Dust voids your warranty
-It uses almost 600watts of energy (more than a small ice box)
-Six Axis ruins every game it touches
-They're replacing the controller with a new one that will cost near $60
-Annoying TV spots
-Controller hasn't changed in over 10 years
-Off center analog sticks are bad for your wrists
-Off center analog sticks are inaccurate (aka they suck)
-D-Pad continues to suck after 10 long years
-The 40GB model removed backwards compatibility
-Sony has a long track record of making faulty hardware (DRE problems on all of their consoles)
-Multi console games look and play better on the Xbox 360
-PS3 games lack originality
-Sony's approach to gaming is to encourage developers to make games that are like bad movies (Uncharted, etc)
-PS3 is losing exclusives
-PSN pales in comparisson to Xbox Live
-Blu-Ray was forced on a consumer that didn't want the new format
-Blu-Ray and its long seek times cause frame rate issues in many games
-You can't charge your controller when the machine is turned off
-You can't replace the battery in your controller
-Charing cable for controller is too short

Its considered a failure in Japan:

Book on PS3 Failure Released

Developers consider it a waste of time:

Half Life Developer Says: "PS3 is a waste of everybody's time"

Sony is begging developers not to abandon the PS3 for the Wii/XBox 360/PC:

"Sony begs developers not to abandon PS3"

There's more...Maybe I'll get around to posting it later.

Well... The PS3's combined library is immense. Standard CD audio, DVD movies, Super Audio CD, PS1, PS2, PS3, and Linux. Not to mention supporting various photo, audio, and video file formats.

Obviously you haven't heard about the 40GB model. Which is the model most PS3 owners will have as Sony intends to phase out other units.

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"The 40GB model does not have PS2 backwards compatibility, although does maintain backwards compatibility for original PlayStation titles. "

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they mean that it supports PS1 titles through their download service and not through direct media support? That's what I've heard. Basically you can play PS1 titles you've downloaded.

Either way the 40GB is still a joke as they've nixed the best part. The Ps2 game library. Where Sony once touted the imprtance of backwards compatibility with the PS2, they've now dumped it claiming its not important.

This is mainly because it no longer fits their needs, and because its costing them money, the only thing they really care about anyway. (Hence their arrogance in thinking they could sell a $600 console)

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
No problem. I found the PS3 worth every last cent. I've been digging into less popular titles on it and quite enjoying them alongside mega hits for other systems like Halo 3. Later release dates on their own don't make a game worse in my option. And even "downgraded" ports can still be fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all