nintendo wii connection problem (homebrew applications

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by armageddan, Jul 14, 2009.

1. armageddan
    OP

Newcomer armageddan Advanced Member

United States
    so all of the sudden my homebrew applications cant connect to the internet on my nintendo wii....i don't know why they would do this, i followed the instructions correctly (i know this for sure) and my nintendo wii can connect fine, but the applications dont. i would like some help on this...it's REALLY fusterating

it always says: failed to initialize network or something like that.

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    you need to check if you can connect on the official Wii Menu, sometimes this happens and using the opera browser before using the homebrew channel fixes this...!!! [​IMG]

3. armageddan
    OP

Newcomer armageddan Advanced Member

United States
    lol funnily enough my wii doesn't have opera browser for some reason -.- and i tried a test and it worked so there shouldn't be any reason why it won't connect

4. 0M39A

Member 0M39A GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    some homebrew apps wont connect to the net on my wii either, specifically waninkoko's cios installer and hermes cios installer.

everything else seems to work fine (internet channel, homebrew browser, mplayer ce, online games... pretty much everything).

waninkoko's cios doesnt bother me much, as you can do a wad install which is simple, but i want to try out hermes cios to get faster wifi speeds via mplayer ce, but cant get it to install.