nintendo wii and the ds :D

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by mackster, Jan 20, 2007.

Jan 20, 2007

nintendo wii and the ds :D by mackster at 5:36 AM (3,018 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. mackster
    OP

Member mackster GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    since every nintendo console like game cube can interact with its hand held the GBA would the wii be able to interact with the ds!???? like in that zelda game for gamecube that hooks up your GBA too the game cube

2. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    I sure hope so!

3. wabo

Member wabo GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    What would be nice is to use the DS has a wireless controller for Virtual Console games.

4. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I think it was already confirmed that Pokemon D/P (DS) can somehow get connected to Pokemon Battle Revolution (Wii).

5. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    What would be even nicer is to have the Wii stream gameplay video to your DS via WiFi, so that you see the game on the DS as well as the TV. This way you could play your VC games all around the house (albeit in a much lower resolution), instead of being glued to the TV set.

Bathroom gaming 4eva!!!

6. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    What would be fantastic is if you could use your Wii as a DS download station, so that you can download DS demos via the Wii and play them on your DS.

7. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    All of these features are possible, but won't be made as long as Nintendo is popular and don't need anything "more" to sell consoles.

I'm still waiting for the "news channel" , lol. (how relevant is *that* gonna be compared to just opening Opera and checking google news...)

8. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    I don't think that will ever be possible. The DS Wifi just doesn't have enough bandwith for it. There was a homebrew program connecting the DS to the PC like that and it only achieved a few frames a second.

9. spokenrope

Member spokenrope c7

United States
    "OrR: Killer of Dreams"

10. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    More like "Nintendo: Killer of Possibilities"

11. |WickeD&#12

Newcomer |WickeD&#12 Member

I swear that prior to nov19 i read a few things saying that the DS and Wii will be able to comunicate and they have a future of being a true family value hah. I cants seem to find any of the sources now though wtf..............

12. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    before the wii launch I remember hearing that wiiconnect24 could download demos in standby and send them to any close DS systems. when you see it blinking you know you have a demo !!

i would love to see this

13. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    It would be nice if the Wii would act like a wireless router for the DS. I mean, I have a wireless router so I wouldn't need that feature, but it would be nice for people who are wiring up their Wii when thats an option. It could act like a global DS wifi AP, for all DS's... no need for a code etc. Then when enough people have Wii's, no matter where you are as long as you're near some houses, you'd have DS wifi *nods* thats my dream !

14. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    I completely agree with little on that.
    It just would make so much sense!

15. mikeosoft

Member mikeosoft GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i could definatley see the wii being used as a ds download station. very plausable. it would be cool if they released vc games for ds via wiiconnect 24.

16. Ben_j

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    I think it already does

17. imgod22222

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    Well now i think we can confirm it, there's already a dump for pokemon battle revolution (J), and there are modchips that let (U) wiis play (J) Games, and pokemon pearl(J) and diamond(J) have been out for awhile so shouldn't it be possible to test under all these conditions?

18. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    for some reason i always wish DS can hook up to the Wii via cable or dock and play ds games on your TV, like use wii remote on bottom half of tv which would be the touch screen... hmm perhaps a ds -> wii download play where person can download play with a Wii, i can dream all i want i guess

19. xeorix

Newcomer xeorix Member

Sweden
    That doesn't sound unthinkable!

20. imyourxpan

Member imyourxpan GBAtemp Fan

United States
    well it's been mostly confirmed that the ds will work with the Pokemon game for the Wii. When it's connected you will see the options on your ds. it would be like you're playing diamond/pearl, but seeing it all in 3D on your tv.

I think it would be really neat if you could use your DS/DSL as a microphone to talk to people who are in your friends list. (i'm talking about if you could talk to people using the DS/DSL microphone on your Wii)

Considering Nintendo releasing Everyone Votes Channel, they will more than likely try to release new random channels that will be very interesting and fun. The Wii more than likely has hundreds of secrets left, we will only find them out later on though.