Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Or at least that is what Loading an Swedish Gaming WebSite has revealed

After Touch will Feel
We have already heard that Nintendo will develop a controller with built-in screen. Since the information is leaked, it has drawn parallels to both Apple iPad and how Nintendo used the Game Boy Advance hand control to a few Gamecube games. But the new screen controller has another dimension – convey the sense of touch. Our source using the working title of Nintendo Feel .

Haptic technology is a form of tactile feedback Used To Simulate the experience of Different objects best moments on screen. The player cannabis move Their fingertips across a surface and Clearly Feel the Difference Between Soft, smooth or rugged texture. Electronic companies across the World Have Been Conducting research in this field for years. It’s Been That rumored Apple is close to patenting a similar technology, and we’ve seen the Toshiba demonstration of ‘New Sensation UI Solution’ That Applies a thin film over a screen in order to Achieve a haptic effect. In Nintendo’s case, this is a natural progression of Both the Nintendo DS touch screen & the Wii technology.

And sure, anyone can imagine what the feeling of furry coat against the fingertips would make for Nintendogs. One need not be especially familiar with The Legend of Zelda for the understanding of the fantastic in order to draw patterns in the sand, feel the coolness from the river, burn on lava or perceiving structures of the bark of an old tree.

But at the same time, Nintendo Feel an experience you will not want to explain in words, but just put in the hands of the player. Which probably explains why Nintendo chose to have playable demos at E3, with in June, although the finished console not being launched until 2012.

SOURCE

What you guys think? Discuss

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
FEEL?!?!
wacko.gif

WHAHAHAHAHAH
blush.gif

THATS THE FUNNIEST CODENAME EVER!

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
With all the rumours going on at the moment, if all of them are true, I'd estimate the new Wii at around £1000 (~ $1600 I think). They might as well just say that they'll be implementing smell-o-vision as well.

FAKE.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This feels like when Nintendo announced the Revolution as "Wii". I laughed my ass off. I'm sure I'll accept it eventually though, if this is true.

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Something like this?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXITjLurof0[/youtube]

IMO this could be true. Knowing Nintendo and its idea of gameplay

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
MakiManPR said:
Something like this?

yh like that, but it would cost far too much to implement something like that, especially if it still wants to live up to the other rumours which are more reliable. (touch screen on controller, specs =/> xbox/ps3)

I'm not saying i wouldn't like it, something like that would be great, just very unlikely at this point in time.

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Wizerzak said:
MakiManPR said:
Something like this?

yh like that, but it would cost far too much to implement something like that, especially if it still wants to live up to the other rumours which are more reliable. (touch screen on controller, specs =/> xbox/ps3)

I'm not saying i wouldn't like it, something like that would be great, just very unlikely at this point in time.

This rumor means the screen in the controller will have touch feedback. So this is supporting the screen in the controller rumor + adding the touch feedback thing

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
MakiManPR said:
Wizerzak said:
MakiManPR said:
Something like this?

This rumor means the screen in the controller will have touch feedback. So this is supporting the screen in the controller rumor + adding the touch feedback thing

+adding another ~£200+

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
TwinRetro said:
Maybe this tech could be adapted for my Wii?

Maybe then I would Feel my Wii
biggrin.gif

You can feel the Wii already with the Wiimote's Vibration

XD

@Wizerzak

This tech isnt that expensive as 3D without glasses screens

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: and nvidia is already doing ARM