Nintendo Wii 2: 2011?

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Game Informer reports that rumour has it that the “Xbox 720? should be released sometime in 2010, while the “Wii 2? would likely be released a “little later” as we can assume this means around 2011. Playstation 4 apparently is rumoured to be releasing in 2012.

Would you be happy to see a Wii 2 by 2011? Or do you think Nintendo should “disrupt” the market by introducing the Wii 2 much early on?
Source: http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=7578

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
arctic_flame said:
I guarantee that the next XBox won't be called 720. That doesn't even make any sense. Speculation sucks.
did 360 make any sense? ;D but yes i'm pretty sure also that next xbox won't be "720".

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
TaMs said:
arctic_flame said:
I guarantee that the next XBox won't be called 720. That doesn't even make any sense. Speculation sucks.
did 360 make any sense? ;D but yes i'm pretty sure also that next xbox won't be "720".

Makes more sense than "Wii"
tongue.gif

Anyway, the reason for the "360" name is simple.. Sony was releasing a console called Playstation 3.. If Microsoft named their console with the name Xbox 2, When you see the names PS3 and Xbox 2 side by side.. you get the impression that the Xbox is inferior, cause it's 2, while it's competitor is a 3.. so, the "360" thing.. it's a marketing thing.. I know, sounds stupid.. like every marketing thing
tongue.gif

And about the rumor, it's not hard to make those kind of guesses.. just look at how much time the previous consoles last. And I should remind you that the PS2 is still alive and kicking
tongue.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for the Wii to be released in Black (or any other fucking color besides White), with DVD support...
frown.gif

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xbox 720, come on they aren't going to name it that. that'd be stupid. wii 2? possible, but there's no gamecube 2 so that's probably not happening either.

the reason why we have an xbox 360 is because there is a playstation 3, and microsoft went all creative and named their system xbox 360 instead of xbox 3 since there's no xbox 2. xbox came out after ps2 I believe.

yeah that black wii looked slick back before the current one was released. you should be able to swap cases these days, i'm sure someone makes a black replacement case.

TaeK

Trophies
Website
d4nart.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I predict that Apple will introduce their own console (even though Wii has reached their target market)

Hold me to that, and check this comment again in 10 years time.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I predict:
Nintendo 6 and Xbox 3 - 2011-12, probably at the same time with similar specs.
Playstation 4 - the year after, once they realise that a 10 year lifecycle isn't going to happen.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amptor said:
yeah that black wii looked slick back before the current one was released. you should be able to swap cases these days, i'm sure someone makes a black replacement case.
Ja, I've seen ridiculous amounts of cases, decals, and whatever, but nothing quite matches the feeling of owning an officially licensed/manufactured color...
frown.gif

Nintendo needs to ease up with the cocktease.
mad.gif

BTW, thanks for not staying dead, Ampy.
laugh.gif

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are there any Nintendo 2 consoles? They allways give them new names I believe.
Besides, it will take a little longer than just 3 years for a new Wii, the current one is likely to remain popular for atleast 5 years if you ask me.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
TaMs said:
arctic_flame said:

DirectX
DirectXBox
XBOX
XBOX 360

The 360 bit means that Microsoft's plan for a machine running games under their framework is finally gone full circle.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it will come out in 2011!! And it will be released with the all new Zelda game, that's supposed to be the game to top Ocarina of Time!

OMG, I can't wait!

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
amptor said:
Ja, I've seen ridiculous amounts of cases, decals, and whatever, but nothing quite matches the feeling of owning an officially licensed/manufactured color...
frown.gif

Nintendo needs to ease up with the cocktease.
mad.gif

BTW, thanks for not staying dead, Ampy.
laugh.gif

well I feel like my official white wii isn't so official any more since parts (mainly doors) don't fit right because I took the whole thing apart to mod it
frown.gif
oh well at least it runs warez so that's what matters. I think I'd just stick with the white one. black is for ugly ps3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...