Nintendo WiFi USBProblem

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by kougerai, Mar 14, 2008.

Mar 14, 2008

Nintendo WiFi USBProblem by kougerai at 6:13 AM (1,686 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. kougerai
    OP

Newcomer kougerai Advanced Member

United States
    OK,

1. The very first time I ran the software, I plugged in my USB connector when it told me to and the install progressed until about halfway. It sat there, stuck, saying "Installing Drivers" for 30 minutes. I gave up on it and exited the install.

2. Running the software the second time, plugging the connector in when prompted, and it gets about 3/4s of the way through when suddenly it errors out and tells me "Please plug the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector into a USB port". Of course, it is already plugged in since it told me to earlier in the install.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m170/Ko...tmapImage-1.jpg

OK i got my Nintendo wifi usb adapter and it wont install properly

it a getting REALLY annoying and i don't care About my spelling or grammar right now

Please if anyone has any answers, let me know.

i get to the end of the instillation and it says application error at the very end.

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    mac or pc?
    what operating system?
    integrated usb ports, add on usb ports, or a usb hub?

lets start there.

-aw

3. kougerai
    OP

United States

4. Another World

Colombia
    If you try to plug in another USB device on the same port does your computer let you? Can you hook up a new printer, or a USB keyboard on that same port? If you already own these things try uninstalling the USB driver, rebooting the computer, and then reinstall on the USB port(s) you are trying to get the NDS USB up and running on.

My guess is that you are experiencing an Operating System error within XP. I have had XP reject some USB installations for no reason, and later then install just fine. On the back of your NDS is a 1-800 number that you can call to get FREE tech support from Nintendo. You might want to give that a go. I can't really debug why your computer won't let you install something without being at your computer.

Since the software is telling you that it can't find your device on any USB port, it means that the device is not being recognized by the computer. You might have to plug it in a few times to get the O/S to see it. Do not click 'OK' until the computer tells you that it has found the device. XP does this by popping up a yellow box that tells you it has found new hardware, the name of the hardware device and that it will attempt to install it. If it can't install it then you are missing the correct driver. I'm assuming thats what the software does, but again it is hard to fix this without being infront of your computer.

-AW

5. kougerai
    OP

United States

6. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

7. kougerai
    OP

United States
    I have attempted to use that before and it wouldn't work. D:

I am going to get a guy from EB games to do it for me, and if he can not, I am calling Nintendo again.

8. Another World

Colombia
    the number: 1-800-255-3700

9. kougerai
    OP

United States