Nintendo Wifi - Challenge Section?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Kaphis, Jan 9, 2007.

Jan 9, 2007
  1. Kaphis
    OP

Member Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    This is what I have in mind, the forum would have a subforum for each WFC enabled game with a very specific guideline to how topics are to be posted. I am going to try to present my entire idea, so please bear with me.

First we have the forum itself.
    NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
    -> Nintendo WFC - Challenge
    -->Animal Crossing
    -->Bleach DS
    -->Bomberman Touch
    -->Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
    -->Clubhouse Games
    -->Contact
    -->Digimon World DS
    -->Jump Ultimate Stars
    -->Lost Magic
    -->Mario Kart DS
    -->Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
    -->Tetris DS
    -->Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
    -->Yu-Gi-Oh! GX:Spirit Caller
    --> Misc Games

In each of the subforum, there will be a sticky thread called "Waiting Area" that doesn't allow any post. If you want to play, go in that thread and your name will show up on the bottom as viewing thread, or you can quickly find someone to PM by looking at the bottom to see who else is "waiting". Through PM you can arrange games and if the user is "viewing thread", they should be there ready to play (of course there is no way to enforce this but I don't know why anyone would idle at a postless thread).

Also, other then the sticky, users can post threads in the subforum to arrange multiplayer games such as Mario Kart DS. The thread topic should be in this format -> [Expected Players][Time you posted the thread according to the forum time][Date]. The first post would outline the rules and list the player and their friendcode who have replied to the post. The thread owner should stay in his own thread until he decides he no longer wants to play or if enough players have signed up. At that point he changes his first post to say FULL or CLOSED and also close the thread. (I don't know if this can be done with this forum structure) Unfortunately (Much like many forums), we can't change the topic title or else it would be nice to change the topic title to full or closed instead of the first post.

The important part of this system is for users who want to play to stay in either the waiting room thread, OR stay in the thread that they have started. They can keep browsing if they want, just leave a window open on that thread.

I would that a mod can be appointed for this section to regularly delete threads that have been closed or full weekly or biweekly.

2. gbasho

Newcomer gbasho Member

United States
    haha i love this idea, too bad i suck at most (all) of these games >.>

3. Kaphis
    OP

Member Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    u are the only one that replieed [​IMG]

oh well ^^:; I tried [​IMG]