Nintendo Warranty Repair - My Experience

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by leetdude_007, Sep 4, 2007.

Sep 4, 2007
  1. leetdude_007
    OP

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    So I'm avoiding work and other important duties (such as breathing) in order to document my experience with Nintendo Repair Service (AKA Customer Service).

1. I fired off a repair report off their website on 8.25 and got two e-mails stating that a UPS sticker was on the way (free shipping)
    2. I got the sticker on 8.30. Nintendo asked for a description of my problem, and to remove all my games. Any repairs under warranty were free unless it was obviously caused by neglect. In case there was any repairs of that sort, they would send me a bill without any notice.
    3. I wrote out my description of my issues, which are minor. I'm trying to get most out of warranty before it expires near the end of 2007.
    4. Description (didn't write it this way):
    I finally got my package back... and what did they send me? A brand new DS, that's what I got (or possibly a refurb). The buttons are clicky and the audio is fine (so far). I'll check for that infamous screen blur later when the batteries are fully charged. So far, I would have to say Nintendo customer service is top notch. [​IMG] They even sent back my old, nasty screen protectors back.

So I would like to ask... What was your experience with Nintendo Customer Service Repairs?

2. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    It was good with me. They took my ds in like a week after I contacted them, and I had my ds 2 weeks later.

3. roguetrip

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I worked for a nintendo repair center a few years ago, nintendo usually will bend over backwards for there customers to make them happy!

4. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    yeah it's a different story in europe, absolute nightmare!

5. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Got UPS sticker, sent in Wii and DS July 3rd, got them back july 24th >_>

6. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    sigh...

Repair 1: DS Lite
    gave them a ring, my hinge bloo upz!, and finally we get the guy to give me free deal. get it back, a screw was screwed in cricced and prevented me from putting in games and my L button was still broken.

Repair 2: DS LITE
    another free-bee and the sent it back with a correctly sscrwed in screw DS! but still a broken button... (the screw was causing another crack, might I add! [​IMG] )

Repair 3: DS Lite
    they just sent me a refurb and I send the POS because they suk soooo bad!

Repair 4: MY HEART!!!! [​IMG]
    curse you Nintendo...

7. Linkiboy

United States
    Getting refurbs is better than getting your current system repaired... i mean, you get a new case, and a new touchscreen/buttons. In my case, new LCD

8. leetdude_007
    OP

United States
    I finally got my package back today... and what did they send me? A brand new DS, that's what I got (or possibly a refurb)! The buttons are clickity-clicking beautifully and the audio is in full stereo (where available). I'll check for that infamous screen blur later when the batteries are fully charged. So far, I would have to say Nintendo customer service is top notch. [​IMG] They even sent back my old, nasty screen protectors back.

9. Linkiboy

United States
    Its a refurb, Nintendo has really good refurb systems.

10. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    My touch screen was being screwy (not aligning properly even when doing re-alignment, had dead spots, etc). So I called them and they sent me a new unit by UPS, without the stylus, slot2 cover, etc. I got it in 2 days. The box it came in had a pre-paid label with it so that I could send back my borked unit in the same box. Only had to pay UPS $10 to come pick up the box (as there's no UPS officein my town).
    Haven't had any other problems.

11. leetdude_007
    OP

United States
    oh, and my warranty has been reset to another year. Or at least that's what they imply. Those tricky dicks! [​IMG]

12. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    How come Shadowboy hasn't posted yet with a bunch of grotesque-like characters and calling everyone a bitch for being cheated by the thread's title?

On topic: Lucky my I've never experienced a broken Nintendo machine.

13. amrod

Member amrod GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    When I phoned ninetndo to a send in a broken ds (the hinge cracked and then broke off), they told me it would be $80 since it was out of warrenty. I said no thanks to the lady on the phone and then found there shipping info (including purlator acccount # so they paided for shipping) on nintendo.com. I send it in anyways, cause wtf am I gotta do with a broken DS & they where going to pay for shipping since I had there #.

I wrote a little note in box saying that I felt the cheap plastic was at fault for the crack and how all my other nintendo products still work except this.

I didnt hear from nintendo for like 2 weeks, but then one day a brand new free replacement DS arrived at my door from nintendo [​IMG]

so overall they rock [​IMG]

and 2 weeks later i got a brand new ds [​IMG]

14. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    I love Nintendo's replacement system, especially with NESA. (Located in Toronto).

Walk-in replacement. I've been switching my cracked hinges so many times there, I'm surprised they haven't remember my face by now...

15. ozzyzak

Member ozzyzak GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    In my experience Nintendo's customer service is freakin' awesome.

All I remember is that they were extremely fast sending out the shipper label, sent very detailed notes on the Wii repair when all was said and done, and they were even honest enough to not steal my 2 gb SD card I accidentally left in there. Good to see honesty, and they were just awesome.